Anybody considered jumping ship to Porsche?

Deep penetrator

Reaction score
continuing on,

so I’m seriously considering the Carrera T and going to view one back end of next week at Porsche Chester, looking forward to driving it, however I know it’s going to feel rather slow compared to my RS3 which I’m apprehensive that it might put me off lol

continuing on,

so I’m seriously considering the Carrera T and going to view one back end of next week at Porsche Chester, looking forward to driving it, however I know it’s going to feel rather slow compared to my RS3 which I’m apprehensive that it might put me off lol

Map that too then ;)

Reactions: Deep penetrator
I've definately considered it but quite often feel like we already pay an Audi tax on VW parts which are already overpriced which puts me off going Porsche, Bentley, Lamboghini or any other relatives. I'll probably more likely be found in a Toyota or some cheap Jap scrap next :playful:

Been down the porker route and it was great but also with its downsides.....but classic models are way better and with much better resale values now , well unless you really want spanking new ones which are a bit souless to drive.

Did have a deposit on a GT4 but as daft as it sounds I couldn’t go ahead with it, I just thought it was a huge amount of coin I was spending so I stuck my sensible head on for once and I’m now pursuing a 981 Cayman GTS.

@Daveotto - One for you buddy :thumbs up:

have come from 3+ years in S3’s and a week into owning a 718 Cayman S. Awesome car, and not even driven int the dry yet.

@penetrator don’t worry about being let down after an RS3. Assuming the Carrera T/981 GTS spec is similar to the Cayman S , mine has the added bonus of the Sports Chrono, then straight line speed will be the samish but handling, cornering blah blah will be streets ahead

6FBFA462 386D 4860 8C06 E47A47A9CA72

All I can say is if you can do it, do it :)

Dedicated Sports car V family HB aspiring to be a sports car, if you don’t need the 4 seats/doors, love your cars and have the dosh..... no brainer

Btw not bashing the RS3 as loved my S3’s

Any Q’s let us know mate

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound
have come from 3+ years in S3’s and a week into owning a 718 Cayman S. Awesome car, and not even driven int the dry yet.

@penetrator don’t worry about being let down after an RS3. Assuming the Carrera T/981 GTS spec is similar to the Cayman S , mine has the added bonus of the Sports Chrono, then straight line speed will be the samish but handling, cornering blah blah will be streets ahead

View attachment 171383

All I can say is if you can do it, do it :)

Dedicated Sports car V family HB aspiring to be a sports car, if you don’t need the 4 seats/doors, love your cars and have the dosh..... no brainer

Btw not bashing the RS3 as loved my S3’s

Any Q’s let us know mate

Car looks great there pal.
I’m not worried about anything car wise mate lol they come they go. I did put a deposit on a GT4 but I just couldn’t go ahead with it, common sense kicked in and the costs were not justified IMHO, so I’m currently looking for a 981 Cayman GTS and I’m actually going to view one in 20 mins.
Cheers pal

Reactions: Daveotto
Did have a deposit on a GT4 but as daft as it sounds I couldn’t go ahead with it, I just thought it was a huge amount of coin I was spending so I stuck my sensible head on for once and I’m now pursuing a 981 Cayman GTS.
Aren't they worth more now than new ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Car looks great there pal.
I’m not worried about anything car wise mate lol they come they go. I did put a deposit on a GT4 but I just couldn’t go ahead with it, common sense kicked in and the costs were not justified IMHO, so I’m currently looking for a 981 Cayman GTS and I’m actually going to view one in 20 mins.
Cheers pal

Let us all know how you get on