1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody considered jumping ship to Porsche?

penetrator Sep 22, 2018

1. penetrator

penetrator Well-Known Member

continuing on,

so I’m seriously considering the Carrera T and going to view one back end of next week at Porsche Chester, looking forward to driving it, however I know it’s going to feel rather slow compared to my RS3 which I’m apprehensive that it might put me off lol

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Map that too then ;)

penetrator likes this.
  4. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I've definately considered it but quite often feel like we already pay an Audi tax on VW parts which are already overpriced which puts me off going Porsche, Bentley, Lamboghini or any other relatives. I'll probably more likely be found in a Toyota or some cheap Jap scrap next :playful:

penetrator likes this.
  5. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

6. Just Rob.

Just Rob. Moderator Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Brilliant Black Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro S-line owners group Manual

Been down the porker route and it was great but also with its downsides.....but classic models are way better and with much better resale values now , well unless you really want spanking new ones which are a bit souless to drive.

penetrator likes this.
  7. penetrator

Did have a deposit on a GT4 but as daft as it sounds I couldn’t go ahead with it, I just thought it was a huge amount of coin I was spending so I stuck my sensible head on for once and I’m now pursuing a 981 Cayman GTS.

8. Daveotto

Daveotto Moderator Staff Member Moderator Porsche Cayman S

have come from 3+ years in S3’s and a week into owning a 718 Cayman S. Awesome car, and not even driven int the dry yet.

@penetrator don’t worry about being let down after an RS3. Assuming the Carrera T/981 GTS spec is similar to the Cayman S , mine has the added bonus of the Sports Chrono, then straight line speed will be the samish but handling, cornering blah blah will be streets ahead

6FBFA462-386D-4860-8C06-E47A47A9CA72.jpeg

All I can say is if you can do it, do it :)

Dedicated Sports car V family HB aspiring to be a sports car, if you don’t need the 4 seats/doors, love your cars and have the dosh..... no brainer

Btw not bashing the RS3 as loved my S3’s

Any Q’s let us know mate

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Bristle Hound likes this.
  9. penetrator

Car looks great there pal.
    I’m not worried about anything car wise mate lol they come they go. I did put a deposit on a GT4 but I just couldn’t go ahead with it, common sense kicked in and the costs were not justified IMHO, so I’m currently looking for a 981 Cayman GTS and I’m actually going to view one in 20 mins.
    Cheers pal

Daveotto likes this.
  10. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

Aren't they worth more now than new ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

11. Daveotto

Daveotto Moderator Staff Member Moderator Porsche Cayman S

Let us all know how you get on