Anybody been to Vegas & done Driving Experience?

molly s3

Reaction score
Hi folks...

Looking for a bit of help please :)
Hope I'm posting this in the right place (mods feel free to move it if it's not - cheers).

Basically my query is this....has anybody done any of the driving experiences in Las Vegas?
Heading there in a couple of months and would like to treat my other half to something special for his birthday.
Would love to hear from anybody who has done anything like this in Vegas.

From my research sofar (hardly extensive, but google and trip advisor!) this is what I have come up with...

RACING SCHOOL, Exotics racing school is the ultimate driving experience at Las Vegas Speedway with Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche.
Is one option, the speedway route. Know my other half would literally cream himself for a shot of the Gallardo or the Superleggera...and the GTR would do the trick too.

Las Vegas Racing Experience | Las Vegas Attractions
This option rates very highly on trip advisor but on a different level as your on the 'open roads' so to speak.

If anybody has done this while in Vegas, or anywhere in the states, I'd love some feedback.
Either of the above or anything different.
Both are ****** expensive so would like to choose right!!

Thanks folks!!
Molly

I haven't done one of those days, but I have driven to and from Vegas and there are some great roads and great scenery to behold. Have you thought of just hiring something like a Corvette or Mustang for the day and just driving it on the public roads? You could get to the Hoover Dam, Death Valley etc. from Vegas and combine the car with a bit of siteseeing.

Thanks for the reply, good call - will look into that too! Only there for 3 days so want to pack in as much as possible.
From what I've heard Hoover dam isn't too far away so this might be a good spot for a road trip :icon_thumright:

I haven't done one of those days, but I have driven to and from Vegas and there are some great roads and great scenery to behold. Have you thought of just hiring something like a Corvette or Mustang for the day and just driving it on the public roads? You could get to the Hoover Dam, Death Valley etc. from Vegas and combine the car with a bit of siteseeing.

I really enjoyed the Hoover Dam - it is unbelievably huge. They've built a new bypass road and a massive bridge since I was there which also looks awesome:
images

Thanks guys! Great suggestions there....the hoover dam looks mighty impressive....as does the GTO!

Sod the dam, rent the goat!!! There are numerous ways to see the dam..drive yourself, by plane, coach or chopper.Trouble with the trips is that they are near enough full day...the chopper is the quickest but also the most expensive.Ive used both heli-usa and papillon, and papillon are the best by far with price and efficiancy.Must do a heli strip tour...its only about five minutes in the air, but heli make you wait for about 2 hrs before flying, and you are herded with other fliers.Papillon was about 45 mins.Should get some good deals at the mo cos vegas is quiet what with the economic situation etc.If youre there end of may ill see you there

you can do a trip into the Hoover Dam and its worth every penny imo

also go the the Harley Davison restraunt its spot on with bike going round the walls and the ribs are to die for :)

Sweet thanks for this info...also planning to do a chopper trip! Dont know how the hell I'm gonna fit it all in with just three days...eeek. Plus the obligatory partying, drinking, gambling etc and hopefully a trip to a shooting range
:gun2:

Will be there on June 2nd so just might see ya there!!

Sod the dam, rent the goat!!! There are numerous ways to see the dam..drive yourself, by plane, coach or chopper.Trouble with the trips is that they are near enough full day...the chopper is the quickest but also the most expensive.Ive used both heli-usa and papillon, and papillon are the best by far with price and efficiancy.Must do a heli strip tour...its only about five minutes in the air, but heli make you wait for about 2 hrs before flying, and you are herded with other fliers.Papillon was about 45 mins.Should get some good deals at the mo cos vegas is quiet what with the economic situation etc.If youre there end of may ill see you there

The Vegas to do list is getting longer :icon_thumright:
That's dinner sorted one of the nights anyway!

you can do a trip into the Hoover Dam and its worth every penny imo

also go the the Harley Davison restraunt its spot on with bike going round the walls and the ribs are to die for :)

I did the NASCAR drive along thing at Daytona and its f&&king awesome.

But when in Vegas, you have to visit The Gun Store, nothing else matters:icon_thumright:

Sweet thanks for this info...also planning to do a chopper trip! Dont know how the hell I'm gonna fit it all in with just three days...eeek. Plus the obligatory partying, drinking, gambling etc and hopefully a trip to a shooting range
:gun2:

Will be there on June 2nd so just might see ya there!!
72hrs no sleep no problem