Any way to remove "clouding" of paint?

Pricy

Reaction score
It's coming up to time to give my A3 a full going over (clay, polish, wax etc) and was just wondering if there was any way to remove the "clouding" which I think is in the lacquer on the front end. The car was a company car before I owned it so obviously plenty of motorway miles have contributed to this, is there anything I can do or will it need a good going over with some compound and an electric polisher?

Sorry, it's black. I'll give it a good wash tomorrow and see if I can get some pics

if its anythink like mine look like some one has gone around it with a da or polished with a cutting compound and didnt know what they where doing. mines also black only show up in direct sunlight

As Nally Said above, Could be the results of a wool mopping by some monkey in a car park valeting centre !
Make sure the clay your using is not too harsh for starters, then give your car a good polish, test a section if you can first.
All the info you need is on Detailing World.
But if in doubt, get a professional to look at the car for you.

At the end of the day, if you want your Black car to look its best, spend the few quid and get it Detailed properly. A good Detailer should give you instructions and recomentations on how to wash and care for your car after a paint correction so the money you spend will last you as long as you look after the cars paint and save you hours of erractic "wax on wax off" movement and a sore arm !!
Just a wash and a quick dry and you off to enjoy your car and Drive in a shiney motor :)

Padraic