Any way to make indicator clicks louder?

MOA4B9

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to make the indicator clicks louder? Maybe with help of some coding? In the audi I can hardly hear when the indicator is on. The other day I put my hazard lights on and when I drove off I forgot to turn them off for another 5 minutes. Also the steering wheel sometimes doesn't cancel the indicator and I don't notice until much later on.

I can remember having my ears syringed to get wax (TMI?) out a few years back....OMG the indicator clicks were unbearable....not that I'm suggesting this is a solution of course...

My hearing has never been the greatest but the clicks were definitely a lot louder on my previous car. Do you guys think audi's indicators are quieter than in other car or is it just on my car?

No quieter on my car than any other I have owned but the sound might be less mechanical than the relays of old. I can't see what would affect any to alter the volume levels either...

Just in case you're wondering, I have an OBDeleven which has, unfortunately, no apps for the purpose of adjusting indicator click volume. I have no doubt it may well be possible to do some coding if you have the knowhow, but I most certainly do not.

Martin.

Got a hire C4 Cactus here in Spain at the moment. Now the indicators in this are barely audible.

Put your head nearer the steering wheel

Non-Audi owners be ranting "****** Audi drivers ****** don't ****** use em anybloodyway do they?!"

I prefer them quieter like in an Audi personally, I don't need them clonking away every time I make a turn

Reactions: blackb9er and cuke2u
I don't have a problem in hearing them either, perhaps the OP needs to turn down his music or passengers a bit ;-)

Reactions: blackb9er
Or some sort of vibrating device to the drivers seat connected in phase to the indicators to remind you. But there would be some who would like to leave it turned on...

Reactions: mjcairney