1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any way to make indicator clicks louder?

MOA4B9 Oct 29, 2018

1. MOA4B9

MOA4B9 Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S-line owners group S tronic

Does anyone know if it's possible to make the indicator clicks louder? Maybe with help of some coding? In the audi I can hardly hear when the indicator is on. The other day I put my hazard lights on and when I drove off I forgot to turn them off for another 5 minutes. Also the steering wheel sometimes doesn't cancel the indicator and I don't notice until much later on.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. blackb9er

blackb9er Active Member Team Brilliant Black Team V6 TDi Audi A4 quattro

Dont think there is mate unfortunately.

4. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Active Member TeamMisano Audi RS4

I can remember having my ears syringed to get wax (TMI?) out a few years back....OMG the indicator clicks were unbearable....not that I'm suggesting this is a solution of course...

5. MOA4B9

MOA4B9 Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S-line owners group S tronic

My hearing has never been the greatest but the clicks were definitely a lot louder on my previous car. Do you guys think audi's indicators are quieter than in other car or is it just on my car?

6. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

No quieter on my car than any other I have owned but the sound might be less mechanical than the relays of old. I can't see what would affect any to alter the volume levels either...

7. mjcairney

mjcairney Member Team Moonlight TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 quattro Saloon S-line owners group S tronic

Just in case you're wondering, I have an OBDeleven which has, unfortunately, no apps for the purpose of adjusting indicator click volume. I have no doubt it may well be possible to do some coding if you have the knowhow, but I most certainly do not.

Martin.

8. Concerned Cat

Concerned Cat Age & treachery will always overcome youth & skill Team Ibis Audi Avant Owner Group

Got a hire C4 Cactus here in Spain at the moment. Now the indicators in this are barely audible.

9. blackb9er

blackb9er Active Member Team Brilliant Black Team V6 TDi Audi A4 quattro

Just the way i like it

10. Smileysam

Smileysam New Member

Put your head nearer the steering wheel

11. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark Active Member Team Scuba Audi A4

Non-Audi owners be ranting "Bloody Audi drivers bloody don't bloody use em anybloodyway do they?!"

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Active Member

BMW are definitely louder

14. cuke2u

I guess we should all buy a BMW then :puke2:

15. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Active Member

I prefer them quieter like in an Audi personally, I don't need them clonking away every time I make a turn

blackb9er and cuke2u like this.
  16. cuke2u

I don't have a problem in hearing them either, perhaps the OP needs to turn down his music or passengers a bit ;-)

blackb9er likes this.