any things to look out for when picking up used S4

sunshinewelly

Reaction score
I am getting my car on Saturday - 2017 plate - 14500 miles on clock

i am getting it on the approved audi scheme so not that concerned as defects will be remedied under the warranty.

i assume that no service would have been required at this stage - the audi website says that for low mileage cars that oil change should be done at 10,0000 miles but otherwise 20,000.

Reactions: Soot1e
If it’s been set to fixed servicing from new (like mine is) it should’ve had an oil change at 9k/ 12 months. If it’s set to long life it’s 19k / 2 years for oil & inspection service!
Either way it’ll be due soon so maybe ask for a free service included in the deal??
If you don’t ask you don’t get

If buying under Audi Approved Used Scheme you should receive handover folder with Multi Point Check list, HPI Document, National Mileage Register Document. There should also be a print off from the Service Computer giving details of any servicings the car has had and it should also list the MPC having been carried out. You should also be advised of the 30 day/1000 mile guarantee so that if you find an appreciable fault you can return the car. Book pack should have Owners Manual and it may also include a service guide. Don’t expect to see an idiots guide or warranty booklet these fell by the wayside some time ago.

Car of this age will have the balance of the original 3 year/60000 mile warranty and roadside assistance to 3 year point.

You will be able to check on the MMI when next service is due, get the salesman to do it then haggle regarding next service if it is due.

Reactions: A12RNX and cuke2u
I would also check and make them aware of any scratches and kerbing of the wheels if they haven’t already told you about this, I managed to get money off due to the wheels being slightly marked.

If they offer you guard X or autoglym Life shine, save your money and pay a professional detailer who will do a much better job at probably half the price.

If it’s been set to fixed servicing from new (like mine is) it should’ve had an oil change at 9k/ 12 months. If it’s set to long life it’s 19k / 2 years for oil & inspection service!
Either way it’ll be due soon so maybe ask for a free service included in the deal??
If you don’t ask you don’t get

cheers for that - they have done what you suggested and have put it through a first service.

Reactions: Keef
Anyone know what this is

It was in the handbook pack

Its the audi key tag. Don't know why vodaphone is there though as the embedded one doesn't use that data provider...

What is the audi key tag for. Sorry if the answer is obvious. Dealer seemed to think it was related to tracker

It’s the key code. Keep it safe. Out of the car. If you ever lose your keys you’ll need it and also for Audi connect

Last edited:
Anyone know what this is

It was in the handbook packView attachment 161518

You may have an aftermarket tracker fitted - I got one of those Vodafone cards when I fitted a tracker to my defender recently, worth finding out from dealer if they have any info. Might just be a case of getting subscription renewed if it has expired.

Reactions: SwordfishCoupe