Any rs3 owners thinking of trading in their old one

Usmxn

Reaction score
I'm in the market for the 8p rs3 and have noticed some people are trading it in for the new 8v shape?

Just thought I would see if anyone was planning to do so as I'd prefer buying from a forum member than auto trader

Reactions: mister.c.
I've also noticed a sudden flood of 8p RS3's on the market, autotrader used to have about 5-10 at most now there's loads, doesn't seem to have affected prices much though

Just traded mine in last week the robbers gived me £22.5k for my 62 plate with 20k on clock. In black with black styling pack.. :(

Just traded mine in last week the robbers gived me £22.5k for my 62 plate with 20k on clock. In black with black styling pack.. :(

I actually would have took it off your hands gladly..

Reactions: VAG_Club001
Traded mine to Glasgow mate and it was mint with MTM stage 1 put on her, buckets, decat and a whole pod of extra goodies and all the factory idol grades klike Bose. They have since listed for £30k!

Spoke to Tetbury Audi a week or so back (looking for a no.2 A1) and was shown one of their used Daytona Grey 8P RS3 that had apparently had a silver stag stuck on the bonnet (like the old Jaguar cat) and all the wheels were knackered and had to be refurbed due to gouges taken out of them... they had repaired and painted over the diamond cut rotors. Must have cost a fortune to do but I do not understand why some people treat cars like this.
The sales guy was showing me to demonstrate how good the refurb was (not 100% convinced!) BUT the point is that buying a good used car is a skill and I would not want some Gloucestershire Tory landowners cast off RS3 that has probably been used as a tractor that is presented as if it had belonged to the local bank manager! Just my opinion and I may be being unfair.
I would always prefer to buy a mint cared for car as many RS3's are but some that get PXed may have been well and truly 'rogered'. Let the buyer beware!

Don't forget the ones that have been mapped and then put back to standard.

Well and truly 'rogered'.

Reactions: VAG_Club001 and RGBARGEE
I actually thought buying an rs3 from the dealers would be the best bet but I guess not...

If anyone knows someone planning to sell their rs3 then please keep me in mind :)

If you can get one that has been loved so much the better. Either from a dealer or privately. Audi used cars have to be Audi approved and in some cases the work required can cost thousands of £££s. Ask to see evidence of refurb work. Appraisal sheets when bought and internal receipts for work done...

Reactions: 45bvtc
Be aware, Usmxn, that a fair number (I know of six for certain) disgruntled owners had cars 'replaced' due to unresolved issues so I'd agree with RGBARGEE that you should find a car with current satisfied owner with good reason for selling (that's me and mine out...) and then check owner documentation.

I've chapter and verse on my own car from new and that details all and any issues that either Audi have resolved or that I've resolved myself.

Also; any Audi dealer should be able to provide a service record for the car you're considering purchase of and that will include all of the 'upgrades' completed - my own car's had five upgrades

There are some very good cars out there, just be careful; remembering of course that any salesman, Audi dealership or not, will try and sell you the car they have irrespective of its problematic history, and there's quite a few of those...

Reactions: Usmxn, Iqrxa, Spaceman_RS3 and 1 other person
If you can get one that has been loved so much the better. Either from a dealer or privately. Audi used cars have to be Audi approved and in some cases the work required can cost thousands of £££s. Ask to see evidence of refurb work. Appraisal sheets when bought and internal receipts for work done...
Be aware, Usmxn, that a fair number (I know of six for certain) disgruntled owners had cars 'replaced' due to unresolved issues so I'd agree with RGBARGEE that you should find a car with current satisfied owner with good reason for selling (that's me and mine out...) and then check owner documentation.

I've chapter and verse on my own car from new and that details all and any issues that either Audi have resolved or that I've resolved myself.

Also; any Audi dealer should be able to provide a service record for the car you're considering purchase of and that will include all of the 'upgrades' completed - my own car's had five upgrades

There are some very good cars out there, just be careful; remembering of course that any salesman, Audi dealership or not, will try and sell you the car they have irrespective of its problematic history, and there's quite a few of those...

Genuinely appreciate your advice guys

It's a lot of money to be forking out too so really don't want to end up with a bad example.
I think I'm just going to wait and bide my time till a fellow forum member decides to sell theirs.

It's a lot of money to be forking out too so really don't want to end up with a bad example.
I think I'm just going to wait and bide my time till a fellow forum member decides to sell theirs.

Sounds like a good plan :yes:

Wise move... Mine will probably be available in 2018 but will probably have been Rogered. Have bought 5 year warranty to help resale ;-)

Wise move... Mine will probably be available in 2018 but will probably have been Rogered. Have bought 5 year warranty to help resale ;-)

LOL, I'd buy new but it's way out of budget for me :(

I would buy form an Audi dealership or one with an Audi warranty,

From personal experience I picked mine up and 3 weeks later it had a total of £5,000+ worth of warranty work done !

Well worth the extra to know your covered, just join rs3oc and ask sully what he's spent on his out of warranty

The car IS fantastic guys and well worth the save and purchase; for my own use it remains the best car ever and just fabulous in winter conditions on cold weather rubber: and after 4.1/2-years of ownership there still nothing else I'd swap it for and that includes ALL of the current Audi range and yes I've tried 'em all on both road and track.

On 13th October 2011 with me content with my full spec Audi S3 I was persuaded to try a demonstrator at Stafford Audi and as a 68-year old with a history in the motor industry driving all manner of machinery was stunned by its abilities: unable to order one, all sold, the following day we found this:
RS3%20Sales_Capture_zpsmya2nbda.jpg

And the day after that it was mine/ours, and still is... :yes:

Bvtc you not tempted by the 8v rs3 or it not enough of a change to warrant the cash?
What was your thought of driving it on road and track?

Cheers Greig

No Greig, not at all, or ZERO, zilch, whatever... I'll not start listing my dislikes of the 8V as it's all down to personal choice and there's too many but for sure it ain't the cash: I love the interior (especially with the extended leather and piano black) of our 8P RS3, and its anonimity on the road; and the noise sans secondary cats is music to my ears...

That said, I have measured a few alternatives to include the SQ5 and RS7 (and a 911 is tempting but too in-yer-face) but both/all are 4 to 6" wider than the RS3 and I've always been a small car guy - Lotus Elan Sprint for near 40-years and all...

Nope, nothing else as yet rocks my boat at any price...

And as said here in the Audi magazine a few years ago "I'll still have it in 10-years time" so that's another 6.1/2 from now unless something else does rock my boat...:readit:
2QUATTROCLUBJGH_zpse9fe27f0.jpg

Reactions: Kelza, Baldyone, elton121272 and 2 others
Bvtc you not tempted by the 8v rs3 or it not enough of a change to warrant the cash?
What was your thought of driving it on road and track?

Cheers Greig

Anyway 8P to 8V is, for me, so Emperor's New Clothes - look it up... :readit:

Now for me stick the best engine I've ever experienced anywhere in the RS3 i.e., the RS6/7/S8 V8 twin scroll turbo (and please Audi stick this lump in the R8 and I'd be tempted but not the current lumps...) and I'd be at the head of the queue with pound notes falling out of my grasp...

That said, I believe the 5-pot RS3 motor is second best road-going motor I've experienced and coupled with a 7-speed DSG just superb for UK roads - if it ain't fast enough in STD form then you ain't tryin'... :racer:

Biggest problem I have with twin scroll V8 lump is the single digit fuel consumption I always seem to get PLUS me eyes on stalks looking for the speed cameras, etc...

The RS3 on the other hand is an everyday passive machine; 8P or 8V or 8XYZ just don't matter for me/us, just depends on the clothes your wearin' :racer:

Reactions: elton121272, Ghost and Snake Pliskin
No Greig, not at all, or ZERO, zilch, whatever... I'll not start listing my dislikes of the 8V as it's all down to personal choice and there's too many but for sure it ain't the cash: I love the interior (especially with the extended leather and piano black) of our 8P RS3, and its anonimity on the road; and the noise sans secondary cats is music to my ears...

That said, I have measured a few alternatives to include the SQ5 and RS7 (and a 911 is tempting but too in-yer-face) but both/all are 4 to 6" wider than the RS3 and I've always been a small car guy - Lotus Elan Sprint for near 40-years and all...

Nope, nothing else as yet rocks my boat at any price...

And as said here in the Audi magazine a few years ago "I'll still have it in 10-years time" so that's another 6.1/2 from now unless something else does rock my boat...:readit:
2QUATTROCLUBJGH_zpse9fe27f0.jpg

Brilliant post - really appreciate you sharing that with us :sunglasses:

Reactions: RGBARGEE and 45bvtc
Brilliant post - really appreciate you sharing that with us :sunglasses:

Behave Snake Pliskin, I can't help telling like it is....

Having had my hands on these machines for nearly 5-years I know of a number who've made the change for 'made-up' reasons

If I thought an 8V RS3 or RS7 or RS6 or S8 (ok, RS3copilot does like those) was sooooooo much better everyday than the machine I have then (some of) my money would be out-of-the-bank TODAY and Stafford Audi keep tryin'!

That said, I can drive the bo**ocks of our Audi A2 1.4TDi (90bhp) diesel and love every minute of it; the RS3 is so much more, BUT, for example: between home and the University Hospital of North Staffs (Stoke on Trent) some 30-miles away you'd be amazed how little the difference is in 'journey-time' between the RS3 and the A2; or the TT for that matter.

And THAT is the LEVELER! The difference, however, is the TORQUE/PULL of that 5-pot RS3 motor coupled with its 7-speed DSG and the EASE at which it completes the job in hand: LOVE it...

A Dodge Viper won't do it much better; tried it. Neither would a 911 Turbo, tried that too. Been there with a tweaked Reliant Kitten, too; and a Lotus Europa Twin Cam on (eventually banned as being too sticky) Formula Ford Spec cross-ply tyres....

The RS3 is 100% neat; 8P or 8V (less so for me but there you are) and is the machine for me...

Want to swap our 2.0TT roadster for a TTRS roadster mind but the right spec has yet to appear (no silly fixed rear wing) but if and when it does there will be two 5-pot DSG Audi's in the garage...

No, me and BLUEY are together for some time yet; just need to find out when DVLA pull an OAP's licence...

8P or 8V or 8XYZ just don't matter to me....

Last edited:
Reactions: RGBARGEE, Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
A 70's Lotus Elan mind is something different; go ask Gordon Murray (McLaren F1) if he'd sell his: don't wait for the reply 'cos he won't...

A 'wearable' 70's Lotus Elan on UK roads is amazing!

But an RS3 comes damn close... Gordon.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin