Facelift Any remapped facelift S3's here?

CROCOP

Reaction score
I just ordered myself a shiny S3 black edition with all the trimmings, and I'm almost certainly getting a remap.

Unless I suck at the search function, I can't find any definitive threads on anyone who has had a Revo remap on their facelift S3

Just wondering if I can order the remap on the day I take delivery, or if I need to wait until after the run-in period.

My advice is to run it in first so that you can get any warranty niggles out the way first without fear of the map causing potential dealer issues.

Reactions: KevS3- and deanshaw24
Are you going to do track days?
I honestly can't use the power from the standard car, put your foot down and your at three figure speeds within seconds.

Reactions: keenu
My advice is to run it in first so that you can get any warranty niggles out the way first without fear of the map causing potential dealer issues.

Ah, now that is a really good point, I completely forgot about potential problems during the run in period. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely wait.

Are you going to do track days?
I honestly can't use the power from the standard car, put your foot down and your at three figure speeds within seconds.

Nope, no track days, but your post has just made me want to get one even more!

My next question was going to be about how much it changes the characteristics, but I'm guessing it does a lot!

Nope, no track days, but your post has just made me want to get one even more!

My next question was going to be about how much it changes the characteristics, but I'm guessing it does a lot!

My next question would be, have you drove an S3? It would be really silly to go down a remap route, especially since you were asking about booking it on collection day(!!) when you don't know what it does to the car. I would highly recommend doing the run in period first, and then look at getting a DTUK Tuning Box for it. Half the price of the remap and basically unlocks all the reserve tuning in the car so that it's still operating within capacity parameters but is considerably faster than the stock car.

My next question would be, have you drove an S3? It would be really silly to go down a remap route, especially since you were asking about booking it on collection day(!!) when you don't know what it does to the car. I would highly recommend doing the run in period first, and then look at getting a DTUK Tuning Box for it. Half the price of the remap and basically unlocks all the reserve tuning in the car so that it's still operating within capacity parameters but is considerably faster than the stock car.

Yes, I drove one last week, and I found the acceleration slightly underwhelming, probably due to how smooth the power delivery was. It was obviously fast, but it didn't shove you in the back the way the old (slower) RS4 did, which I found really disappointing.

I remember it being a similar issue with my old S3 back in 2005, which was completely transformed by a Revo remap. After I had it done it was a monstrous vehicle, and it ran fault free for another 15,000 miles.

I don't want a tuning box, I love how aggressive the Revo maps are, and by the sounds of things, nothing has changed. exactly what I was hoping to hear. My fear was that Audi had squeezed the engine as much as possible to get 300bhp.

+1 for waiting. I remapped mine with MRC as soon as it hit 1000 miles. Bit of advice, make sure you do the stronic as well. The gearbox became jerky with the remap. But stage 1 made 398bhp :smilingimp:

Reactions: AL_B
+1 for waiting. I remapped mine with MRC as soon as it hit 1000 miles. Bit of advice, make sure you do the stronic as well. The gearbox became jerky with the remap. But stage 1 made 398bhp :smilingimp:

Haha ****** hell thats outrageous. Have you timed the 0-60? I was considering the gearbox as well - what precisely does it do?

Also, does anyone happen to have a picture of a white sportback black edition with the V Spoke wheels and black roof rails? I've not been able to find one in the facelift thread

Fully understand why you want a remap for that brutal acceleration. The S1 feels faster than the S3, cos the S3 is so damn smooth. So easy to drive fast though!

Reactions: S1Pete
Yep, certainly not a knock on the S3 at all, it's a testament to how well engineered it is, but I do ust want a bit of shove-you-in-the-back power off the lights, so to speak.

I highly recommend ECU and TCU together....more power means you need more clamping pressure and usually you can customize the TCU also to your tastes eg) setting launch control rpm

Haha ****** hell thats outrageous. Have you timed the 0-60? I was considering the gearbox as well - what precisely does it do?
Never officially timed it but from the iPhone app it was 3.7 seconds.

Potentially stupid question here: Does more torque mean less downshifts in lower gears when driving in traffic. I found that a bit odd during the test drive.
Never officially timed it but from the iPhone app it was 3.7 seconds.

****** hell. That's not sane.

I'm so excited about this car. I've optioned the hell out of it, it's juost going to be entertaning in every single aspect of driving. This remap is going to be the final flourish.

But they will know from the logs won't they? This has been discussed a lot on here - no?
depends on:
1) your dealer and how far he is willing to go to keep your business
2) how you drive - ie. thrashing the pants off it, turbo blows up....will be pretty obvious its been performing above factory limits
if you want to try to hide it totally then you'll never get the full benefits of modding (custom tune with all supporting hardware) without major PIA removals, but really with modern diagnostics and a will to find something they will....at the end of the day you have to pay to play....simples

Sounds like a myth to me. I'd like someone to prove conclusively that such a log existed, I don't see how it would. Audi aren't apple, I'm pretty sure their diagnostic system is pretty easy to crack.

wow, OK, completely ignore what I said above. Apparently it's now shocking easy for them to see that the car has been remapped - even if it gets switched back to stock!

I'm still getting it done. It's too tempting. I've only got the car for two years, anyway

if you want to "try" and hide it....then piggy back ECU or JB4 a lot of people go for....but the benefits of a custom tune (I think) are far better....just make sure you do the right supporting mods and TCU same time as ECU....in my humble opinion

All of this is very confusing, for the uneducated among us, would fitting a DTUK box be detected? Obviously removing it before it went in to Audi.

With my golf r as soon as it hit 1k it was off to apr for stage 1 hi output and dsg map
Im on 2.5 k in the s3 with no map yet but itching to get it done but want to wait for dsg software first

All of this is very confusing, for the uneducated among us, would fitting a DTUK box be detected? Obviously removing it before it went in to Audi.
It can be detected even if removed as can leave flags on it, plus the excessive wear may give it away. Not worth the risk whilst in warranty or if you don’t own the car outright.

It can be detected even if removed as can leave flags on it, plus the excessive wear may give it away. Not worth the risk whilst in warranty or if you don’t own the car outright.
A dtuk box has never been detected as yet though... so as it stands they can’t be detected.

A dtuk box has never been detected as yet though... so as it stands they can’t be detected.

I came across a service article from vw and Audi that says otherwise. The article details tuning boxes flagging a different code (not TD1).

I think I got it off one of the other forums. Will try and find it again now.

I came across a service article from vw and Audi that says otherwise. The article details tuning boxes flagging a different code (not TD1).

I think I got it off one of the other forums. Will try and find it again now.
Yeah I’ve seen the artical, vw claim to be able to recognise tuning boxes. But AFAIK the owner of DTUK hasn’t had anyone report their boxes as being recognised by a dealer.

Yeah I’ve seen the artical, vw claim to be able to recognise tuning boxes. But AFAIK the owner of DTUK hasn’t had anyone report their boxes as being recognised by a dealer.

It won't be recognized during a normal service because they're not looking. But when a turbo blows up or the gearbox makes a fault then what? I'm 100% for remap/box but I'll wait until' my two years warranty is over and need something more to keep the car a year or two (not that I'm saying what you want to do is wrong at all) :hi:

When I worked for Audi I had a TT with a tuning box on and I plugged in the computer and there were no codes to suggest a tuning box was fitted. (I didn’t even unplug it).

It won't be recognized during a normal service because they're not looking. But when a turbo blows up or the gearbox makes a fault then what? I'm 100% for remap/box but I'll wait until' my two years warranty is over and need something more to keep the car a year or two (not that I'm saying what you want to do is wrong at all) :hi:

Three year's warranty....

I might be missing something here but why would you buy an S3 then want to change the engine dynamics. Why not just buy the RS3 or some other piece of exotic performance machinery in the first place. When I get tired with the S3 I shall look at upgrading to a more powerful machine.

I might be missing something here but why would you buy an S3 then want to change the engine dynamics. Why not just buy the RS3 or some other piece of exotic performance machinery in the first place. When I get tired with the S3 I shall look at upgrading to a more powerful machine.

If you can't work out on your own why someone would look at a performance option that costs £600 extra, and not one that costs £15,000 extra, then I don't know what to say to you.

Reactions: Matt21385
I’m not sure they would admit to it if it happened though. No issues with maps and boxes but I do have issues with people trying to pull the wool over Audi when it comes to warranty or modifying cars that they do not own outright.

Reactions: RichardT
If you can't work out on your own why someone would look at a performance option that costs £600 extra, and not one that costs £15,000 extra, then I don't know what to say to you.
Well I suppose if you haven’t the extra £15k to spend On getting the right car in the first place and are prepared to spend £600 to have a substitute for the real thing then I can only assume budget is the motivating factor, in your case

Last edited: