Facelift Any remapped facelift S3's here?

Well I suppose if you haven’t the extra £15k to spend On getting the right car in the first place and are prepared to spend £600 to have a substitute for the real thing then I can only assume budget is the motivating factor, in your case
I think this tone is rather unnecessary in this forum.

Reactions: deanshaw24
My new facelift S3 passed 2500 miles yesterday and I fitted a DTUK box (I know a lot of folk don't recommend them but I chose that over a map for warranty issues). I wanted to wait until it had been fully run in before mucking about with it and also get a really good feel for the car as stock before doing anything to it so I'd notice any differences. I've now done a good 250 miles with it in now in various driving styles.

Here's my first impressions:

1) The exhaust was instantly louder. (I know it will get louder as the car is running in but it was noticeable straight away after fitting the box)
2) Performance has increased a fair old bit. It pins you back in the seat even more (due to extra torque?) and its up to speed far quicker. I plan on getting it on a dyno next week to see exactly what it's putting out.
3) Surprisingly, my mpg has actually slightly increased, even with a heavy right foot from time to time.

Until I get a dyno print out it's hard to guess exactly how much extra power it's added but I'll post results here when I get them.

There's been a lot of talk about which maps/settings to use but I went with Map 1 +2 first and haven't had any problems with the S-Tronic juddering. I put it on 1 +3 briefly but it didn't feel any faster to me. If anything there was a bit more turbo lag but it may well have been putting out more power at the top end of the rev range. It didn't feel as good as 1 +2 to me so I switched it back.
The only slight negative I can find so far is that there doesn't seem to be too much in the way of explanation about how the different settings deliver the power. It seems to just be 'muck around with the settings until you find one you like best.

I'll have a play with it over the next week and report back here.

Hope this is of some use to folks

Reactions: Carl_S3
Well I suppose if you haven’t the extra £15k to spend On getting the right car in the first place and are prepared to spend £600 to have a substitute for the real thing then I can only assume budget is the motivating factor, in your case
Why spend £15k more on an rs3 when you can spend £600 and have a car that is just as fast. Ever heard of value for money.

Remaps are the way the car should leave the factory if your questioning why someone would get a remap you must be special

Yes, precisely the same reason why you only have an S3 yourself :tearsofjoy:

What an absolute tool.

My new facelift S3 passed 2500 miles yesterday and I fitted a DTUK box (I know a lot of folk don't recommend them but I chose that over a map for warranty issues). I wanted to wait until it had been fully run in before mucking about with it and also get a really good feel for the car as stock before doing anything to it so I'd notice any differences. I've now done a good 250 miles with it in now in various driving styles.

1) The exhaust was instantly louder. (I know it will get louder as the car is running in but it was noticeable straight away after fitting the box)
2) Performance has increased a fair old bit. It pins you back in the seat even more (due to extra torque?) and its up to speed far quicker. I plan on getting it on a dyno next week to see exactly what it's putting out.
3) Surprisingly, my mpg has actually slightly increased, even with a heavy right foot from time to time.

Until I get a dyno print out it's hard to guess exactly how much extra power it's added but I'll post results here when I get them.

There's been a lot of talk about which maps/settings to use but I went with Map 1 +2 first and haven't had any problems with the S-Tronic juddering. I put it on 1 +3 briefly but it didn't feel any faster to me. If anything there was a bit more turbo lag but it may well have been putting out more power at the top end of the rev range. It didn't feel as good as 1 +2 to me so I switched it back.
The only slight negative I can find so far is that there doesn't seem to be too much in the way of explanation about how the different settings deliver the power. It seems to just be 'muck around with the settings until you find one you like best.

Definitely useful, thank you for posting. I'm taking that with the DTUK box, it's essentially just plug & play?

I don't really mind what I buy, to be honest, I just want something that disrupts the power curve slightly. I have a feeing that the RS3 suffers exactly the same issue - perfect power delivery that hides the true acceleration rate. That was certainly the case in my B7 RS4 back in 2005.

Reactions: Joe4842
Definitely useful, thank you for posting. I'm taking that with the DTUK box, it's essentially just plug & play?

I don't really mind what I buy, to be honest, I just want something that disrupts the power curve slightly. I have a feeing that the RS3 suffers exactly the same issue - perfect power delivery that hides the true acceleration rate. That was certainly the case in my B7 RS4 back in 2005.
Yes plug and play, one of the sensors is quite fiddly to fit. (Need to take the undertray off). Other than that it’s easy :)

Reactions: jungle650

As @deanshaw24 has said... there is a sticky thread on the DTUK and MTM solutions. Another popular choice is the JB4.

Look in the ‘FAQS - Frequently asked questions / How to / User guide “ sticky thread section page 2... found at top of this forum.

Plenty of info

Reactions: deanshaw24

Hi mate did you get it on a dyno and what were the numbers?