Any other bits needed when fitting 2nd hand exhaust? - milltek S3 8P

lincoln_dj

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got a 2nd hand Milltek sports cat / downpipe (MSAU342) for my 3-door S3, Have just ordered the connecting pipe (MSAU343, along with MSAU342 makes up SSXAU200), and will shortly be getting the cat-back (SSXAU352) centre section and rear silencer (ceramic black tips).

I've found out I'll also need 2x lower engine mounts (SPF3365-80 and SPF2861-80) which i've got on order, as I've read there can be clearance issues with these Milltek systems.

Just wondering if i'll need any other bits, eg the rubbers that hold them to the car? I'll have a healthy supply of clips and exhaust putty!

Cheers

i fitted a second hand millek to mine and did not need anything else. the engine light came on shortly after and there was a code for cat efficiency so you will either need it mapped or a spacer for the rear O2 sensor, i didn't use any exhaust sealant and it doesn't leak, there are good quality systems.

i haven't changed engine mounts yet have you got any links to them?

The only clearance issues I had is the cat back section comes close to the rear prop coupling and the rear anti roll bar, careful tweaking before nipping up the clamps will do just fine.
The downpipe is close to the prop (which will need undoing to get the flange past) , but other than that the hardest part is getting the original downpipe/cat off as it's in one piece.
You will need to uprate the dog bone mount to protect the new downpipe as they are known to crack with excessive movement

i fitted a second hand millek to mine and did not need anything else. the engine light came on shortly after and there was a code for cat efficiency so you will either need it mapped or a spacer for the rear O2 sensor, i didn't use any exhaust sealant and it doesn't leak, there are good quality systems.

i haven't changed engine mounts yet have you got any links to them?

thats good to know then!. The mounts are mentioned on pumaspeed website at http://milltekexhaust.pumaspeed.co....Hi-Flow-Sports-Cat-SSXAU200_4360_2_44_455.jsp

guess that's something they add as they're not on the milltek site. i've sourced them off ebay no problem

You will need to uprate the dog bone mount to protect the new downpipe as they are known to crack with excessive movement

thanks. guess that's a different mount to the two mentioned above? can't say I know what a dog bone mount it!

any recommendations for bushes? any others worth doing while i'm at it?

cheers

There are two inserts possible for upgrading the dog bone. Both can be sourced from Milltek, although you might need to talk to a Milltek agent, like us , to order them. These can be purchased elsewhere also but be sure to get the right one. One covers up to mid 2008 and the other all later 8P S3's. If you have any probs call me at JMR 01903 718684 and am happy to help.