1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any one with experience with official rear sun blinds / shades?

SRRAE Aug 7, 2018

1. SRRAE

SRRAE Member

Hi,

Im looking for rear sun blinds to keep the sun off the kids during our holiday. I dont like the ones which stick on, especially the ones with pictures. Last year we had ones which had a car on, and every time I looked over my shoulder to change lanes on the motorway, I thought there was a car on my rear quater.

Anyway, I've seen official Audi blinds for the car.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-...011721&hash=item41b2799b87:g:Mb8AAOSw~y9ZEd1s

Has anyone had experience with these? Are they good? Can the window be opened with these attached?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. meph137

meph137 Active Member Audi S4 Black Edition

Interested to hear views on these as well. They look good so I’m interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

These are afaik compression fit cut for the car, ideally the doorcard ones are best as they slide down away when not in use, but theyre serious money, so these are your best bet.

5. meph137

meph137 Active Member Audi S4 Black Edition

My car came with pretty much every option (I got it used) but not the doorcard blinds and at the time that annoyed me as they could have been very handy for my son, but then I actually saw a picture of them and IMHO they don’t look that good - they don’t cover the whole window and they look a little ugly, so I would even go so far to say that I’d prefer the Audi ones linked to by the OP as long as they didn’t do anything annoying like falling off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. SRRAE

SRRAE Member

Well I bought them so I'll tell you waht they're like when I get them

7. Audi_Rob

Audi_Rob Member

I have used these on a number of different cars I have owned and they have been good quality. I haven't got them in my current A4 Avant yet though. www.carshades.co.uk

AudiLeon likes this.
  8. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Active Member Team Daytona Audi A3 S-line owners group

Works great. I have tinted windows + blinds.[​IMG][​IMG]

A3 8V Facelift Limousine

9. briceportier

briceportier Member

10. cyhliu

cyhliu Active Member

I've bought a set for my Avant as I wanted some extra shade for the baby (my car already has factory tints). They're a great fit, although one of the clips has come unstuck from the backing adhesive but doesn't mean that the shade is loose (well one corner is).

I think they do a great job although I noticed as it's just for the side windows, any sunlight coming from the rear isn't shaded as much so have contemplated getting a set for the rear windows.

You can open the windows with them fitted as they don't touch or lean on the windows.

11. AudiLeon

AudiLeon Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

I've just got a set from car shades. Currently in Barcelona and they're a god send.