any one out there into bikes

motorbikez

Reaction score
anybody into bikes as well as audis,

I have a red and black 2006 honda fireblade rr goes and handles like a dream 0-60 2.9 seconds top speed around 180mph although I've only had it to 170mph bottled it at that speed as my rucksack was flapping about a bit.

current audi 2004 tdi 140 sport full leather,bose,lumbar supports,17inch star alloys,lava grey.

On order sportback tdi 170 s line,bose,though load system,storage pack,folding door mirrors,centre arm rest,multi function steering wheel,non smoking pack,avus.

Arrives on monday although I'm going to wait untill 1st march to pick it up:blackrs4:

Nice one david do you ever go to british super bike meets
a group of about 10 of us usually go to the oulton park race and meet other riders at charnock richards services.

If you fancy going I will post the dates nearer the time.
Weather permitting.

sherlock said:
Only bike I am into is my Scott Vail mountain bike.............not sure if that counts does it!!!

Not really Sherlock I used to have a Trek hybrid and did CtoC and rievers route and various rides round about.But since I got back into motorbikes 7years ago cycling has gone out the window.

I used to have a 'blade...a 1993 RRP model.

Played with it a good bit...
image.jpg

But, it kept trying to kill me...and very nearly succeeded!

In the end a lack of confidence and use made me sell it..
I always promsed myself either another 'blade, or the only car ever to pass me in 6 years of owning it...that's why I have the car I do! :thumbsup:

Just a couple for me...

alpbike240.jpg

Going strong on 90 k miles

And..

Re-build027.jpg

which is an XT 600 with some clever engineering thrown at it.

Glen, is there a yellow paint theme going on?

Use to but three trips down the road and 2 hospitol appointment it ended quickly.....Age thing i think and thinking i was Carl Fogarty didnt help

The NC30 is very nice, I know someone who has one as a track bike, he's promised I can ride it when I pass my test!

P.S. Sherlock, I ride a scott mountain bike too, they make fantastic frames :thumbsup:

my current summer toy is an aprillia rsv sp, but probaly going to swap it before this summer for either honda vtr sp2 or an r1,

but i love the sound of vtwin engine so will probably be the honda, unless ducati can tempt me

205man said:
my current summer toy is an aprillia rsv sp, but probaly going to swap it before this summer for either honda vtr sp2 or an r1,

but i love the sound of vtwin engine so will probably be the honda, unless ducati can tempt me

I love the SP2 :wub:

motorbikez said:
Nice one david do you ever go to british super bike meets
a group of about 10 of us usually go to the oulton park race and meet other riders at charnock richards services.

If you fancy going I will post the dates nearer the time.
Weather permitting.

Been to a few of the WSB and MotoGP rounds at Donnington over the past 10 years.

Post the dates up, I might have to come down to oulton park for the races

i have a 100mph 1960's lambretta better than a bike anyday

I've got a Trek2300 built as a time trial bike for racing in triathlons, a Giant TCR triple for training, a KHS winter hack, a Brompton for around town and Kona Mini Mula for off road.

Nice pics Steve I have posted pics of my blade in my gallery as I,m not clued up properly on how to post pics although I will endevour to get it together.When I get my new sportback 170 tdi s line

R6 03 red black frame inj mode Akarapovic can,ohlins damper,harris top, bungs,anodised stuff, sink screen,indicators carbon etc etc l& R1 2005 underseat wow wow akrapovics

R6 was for sale but weak offers feck it Ill keep her!!

I have a Suzuki GSX1400 which is possibly the nicest looking bike ever! Does everything i need for under 100mph fun, had a blackbird but they are just tooo damn quick!

Agree they are damn pretty bikes.

Love my 'Ace. Effortless cruiser, quick enough to scare me and put a big grin on my face at the same time.

Also, on my commute from Bicester to Oxford, I get better fuel economy than the horrid Er-5 I had before!!

My only complaint is having to repair the EXUP every 5 minutes...

Cheers,

I'm getting a Vespa S50 this afternoon...:w00t: doesn't count does it :huh:

Still quite excited though, I've never owned a motorised 2-wheel vehicle (I hesitate to say motorbike lol) or a brand new anything so it's a double cherry pop as far as I'm concerned :meeting:

And if I don't die on it in the next year or so then I may just have to investigate motorbikes a bit more - I think they're gorgeous things, but I'm not too sure about my riding skills :3sadwalk: in a car, any car, I'm totally confident and comfortable...put me on 2 wheels and I'm like Mr Bean

Bikes are awesome :)
i have a 2005 ZX10R and a 2007 ZX6R track bike il try and figure out how to upload pics soon lol

I have a quick question relating to motorbicycling! Can I ride a 125 on my car licence if I do a CBT? If anyone can tell me I'd be v.grateful indeed :search:

Hi,

Yes, but you will need L plates, and you would have to either take a test within 2 years, or redo your CBT after 2 years.

Cheers,

heres my most recent bike,owned for nearly two years, 2005 GSX-R k5 1000, now producing around 180bhp at the rear wheel.
also owned a zx6r, a 99 model r6, two 98 model r1's (the pearl white with red seat models) two 03/04 model r1's (long led back light) both silver, a 54 plate underseat model r1 in grey ( fantastic bike) would have another.
2007-05-26_11_39_12.JPG

Image003.jpg

bikepics-567737-800.jpg

yamaha-r1-03-bikepics-070251.jpg

DSC00779ed.jpg

one wheel only, them bikes u have are fukn awesome, wow. i love bikes, and seeing yours makes me wanna go get one today. beautiful ............

Heres a pic of my previous bike (blade) I've got a few more bikes but can't figure out how to upload them from my computer

P7310005.jpg

some nice bikes lads personally i ride a r6 considered a r1 but i cant give up the r6 am lovin it in my opinion its a awsome machine, well i think any modern day bikes are now, i also have a honda crf 450 motocross bke, and as for the car i drive a 2001 s3 and have a mint original impreza tucked away in the garage. love the toys!

Mines a Bandit 12 with a few mods and engine tweaked by Holeshot performance.

B33.jpg

I've only been riding a year (15k miles) but have been enjoying it immensely.

Here's my 500bhp of transport :

CBR.JPG