any one know .....

what i'm thinking Carl is a wider wheel 8.5j with a slight concave will need a et25 so it would clear the caliper earlier from the center and would'nt stick out of the arch and the spokes would be further out of the center of the wheel, a thinner wheel 8j with flatter spokes would need to be et35 and then spaced to the arch and caliper like i am now with my winters ????

I see what you're thinking and I think it may work.

That's why I think my wheels would work perfectly for you due to yours being a deeper concave and the centre of your wheels being thinner to mine.

You really need somewhere close by that can try a wheel before you buy as both our wheels have the same offset but the centre that goes on the hub are different thicknesses and that's what screwing with you calipers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tony mc
yes some one that understands me, lmao, been to a couple of shops last weekend and try to explain to lads in the shops is a nightmare, i took one lad outside to show him what i was going on about and all he said was "your brakes are bigger than the ones on my m3" lmao

Hahahahaha.....

Shame it's not warmer weather as could've come up your way for a few days away or vice versa just to try a wheel swap.

That is probably why your OEMs clear the calipers so well, I bet they are quite thick where they meet the hub compared to your rotors.

yeh there's more meat in the middle where they meet the hub, and the spokes are flatter so put the spacer one and i'm well clear of the caliper

i really want 8'5j on the front and 9j on the back

yeh mate
20161130 213724
my mate did this as a rough peek of what i'm after,
IMG 20170110 WA0007
just imagine the front wheel is flush with the body work lol

They would look f'ing great that deep but you may need RS4 arches.

Next time you have the wheel off measure how far from inner edge of the hub where the spigot bearing sits to the nearest edge of the caliper is so I can see roughly how far from the centre the caliper sits and I'll take a wheel off and transfer it over to my wheel to see how much difference there is. Maybe easier to give me a bell when you're taking one off.

yeh mate i'll do it next time one comes off, more than likely be Saturday mate,

how about some rivet on arch extenders lmao, i recon i can do it without any arch mods but with less of a concave on the front

after some thoughts on these wheels gents, i cant find any pics of a b7 with the same or similar fitted,
i like them, they will go over my brakes with room to spare,(just been to a shop and measured them) they would'nt be black when the go on the car so ignore that, what do you lot think of the style ? i'm in to them as you will see my brakes because there's not a lot of spoke which is what i'm after

S l500

not sure yet mate, not into stretched tyre's so ? there are square set up's 8.5j all round so i dont know, i'm getting some where now though, bloke in the shop is ringing his supplier on monday to see what they've got size wise and will go from there, but the hub mount is very deep with this style of wheel, about 4mm clearance from the calipers on the one i checked with the template on this morning, bbs make a very similar wheel as do oems and a couple of other so.......

Reactions: carlcall