Any-one fancy Some black Halo's?

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Just upgraded to a set of Facelift lights with 10K HID's

Just wondered if any of you guys on here would fancy a set of black Halo's?

Link for the lights where i bought them here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-96-00...ryZ72240QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pic of them on my car.

1334535494a5390422007l.jpg

Paid 130 for them new... Looking for 70 Posted?

Jason

Haha Well i had to butcher my wings sounds bad but wasnt too bad!

Axle grinder came out and chopped the excess metal off the wings, but they're in ok now.

I thought 10K Hids would be silly but they look really good IMO.

Jason

P.S Thanks for all the help Jaywoo!

No worries mate, What colour are 10k xenon's mine are only 6k but look a nice blue/white colour.
I hated that part of the job to where you have to cut the wings but the end result is worth it?

There like a light blue sort of colour found the ballasts sit in under the lights really well too.

Not as Blue as i thought which is good.

And ferno Replied to your PM..

Jason

interested, but can't see the pic?

Does any-one want to make me an offer on these?

Really need to get rid of them got so much **** in my garage at the moment!

Cheers

i had 8k in my old car and they were quite blue! would of thought 10k would be very blue!

How hard are these to fit? Im looking at something like these in a few months time.

Currently waiting to pick up my A3 as I decided my bod standard Corsa wasnt up to scratch.

Now Im a newbie Audi driver :)

I would be interested in the lights if they are still for sale if not no worries.

The other question I wanted to ask was the cutting away part. Was it a huge job? Apart from grinding off the wings, you simply smoothed it down and fit in the lights?

Were the cabling a problem? I read that they can be fiddly. Would love some little tutorial if someone has the time.

Of course I have to get my hands on some first :)

Rikster23 said:
How hard are these to fit? Im looking at something like these in a few months time.

Currently waiting to pick up my A3 as I decided my bod standard Corsa wasnt up to scratch.

The other question I wanted to ask was the cutting away part. Was it a huge job? Apart from grinding off the wings, you simply smoothed it down and fit in the lights?

Nice move ;)

The wing wouldnt need to be cut for the lights that are being sold.

When mine were fitted, we dropped the bumper off, slid the old ones out, the new ones in and away I went.

Small tip though, I found that the gap between the light and the bodywork was too wide for my liking so got some clear silicone and filled the gap.

Looks good IMO

Oh I see, I guess must be the other brand lights that needed to be cut to shape.

May I asked the difference in the lighting code? I see some mention different numbers.

These are the colour values I believe?

How hard was the wiring? I will be doing it with a friend, but we have minimal knowledge of modding/car electrics.

How long did it take for both to be fitted as well as the silicone filler to dry etc?

Just making sure I have an idea before buying the lights.

As far as i know (and may be corrected) its the upgraded A3 lights that require the wing being cut.

Im not sure on the lighting codes, I moved the bulbs from the old lights to the new ones.

My mate fitted mine for me, he has an OCD obsession with things being perfect, but all in all, the bumper off, lights fitted and bumper back on we were there for about 2hrs (please note, this included me doing a bit of cleaning and me talking about various stuff as im quite untechnical.)

The wiring I believe was easy, we literally unplugged the old lights, slid the new lights in and plugged them back in.
EDIT - I dont use the 'halo' part on my lights, so we taped those wires too.

The lights i bought didnt come with many instruction, but we didnt use them at all.

The silicone was done a few days later, just a standard silicone from B&Q, which was done by a mate's fella as he's a painter & decorator, I was there about an hour, if that.