Any offers on Sky HD

pav-g

Reaction score
As the title says are there any offers on at this moment in time, just been on sky website and theyr still at 299 plus 60 quid installation.... thanks

Our local CURRYS was offering (about a month ago) half price SKY HD if you bought a TV. The shop assistant advised that there should be a minimun amount for the TV purchased but *nudge nudge* - we will probably offer SKY HD for £150 even if you bought a portable TV.

Might be worth looking into, if you have a local currys - Cant find the deal on web.

Yeah just been reading through a few previous threads and they suggest same, so its a trip down to Currys tnite..

best bet is to get someone to recommend you as well. then its £30 M&S vouchers for you and £30 for the referrer, as well as any offer thats on.

Depending on your curries (comet do the same, so do pc world), you may be able to get away without buying a tv too - the store gets the sky commission still.

Installation is free if taking out a multiroom subscription.

Providing your a Sky Customer

Ring sky up and say your thinking of moving to virgin media as they are offering you a deal

They will not want to loose you so they will offer you a discounted price for the HD system.

dont worry they cant disconnect you, so if your not happy with the deal say ou will think about it and call later

If you don't fancy fronting it out with Currys or SKY,you can buy an HD box yourself off the net.
I got mine for £199.
If you already have SKY+,it's a straight swap.
You still have to phone SKY and get the HD subscription though.
That only takes a few minutes.
BTW,they don't hassle you about where you got the box,not at all.
Any problems with the box,you don't even have to go to the seller.
Just phone SKY as normal.

Picked up a new Sky HD box for £170 from a guy selling on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SKY-PLUS-...ryZ96971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Brand new and sealed with remort and all cables etc. Tried ringing Sky prior to buying from Ebay totry and get a deal but they would not budge and were ****** rude and obnoxious tbh.

From opening the box to Sky enabling the HD channels was 15 minutes and was ridiculously easy.

I think I read a post by Bowfer on another section saying that all the channels via the HD box are better which we saw instantly as well. Our HD box is quieter and the remote reacts faster than our old Thompson Sky+ box. It will be installed in a cabinet tomorrow so will be dead silent.

The HD channels really are superb and even my missus noticed the difference in quality!!!:arco:

Iv'e seen a few posrts saying that if you have a lowly 32inch tv you won't see the difference ............ b0ll0x about sums that up. I have a samsung 32inch LCD tv and the difference is huge and very noticable.

Big thumbs up from me!! :icon_thumright:

Thanks guys for the suggestions, all are great. I have a friend who has sky hd so going to ask him to recommend me - I'll see what deal I can get out of them also, if not then I'll just buy the box and Do it myself, seems straight forward.