Any musicians out there?

afcbjoshd

Reaction score
Just thought it would be interesting, as I know we're all into our motors, to see how many Audi-Sport members are musicians of any kind so I'll start,

My main instrument is drums and I've been playing around 9 years now since I was about 12/13 and I'm 21 now. However I also dabble in keyboard and guitar, been in a few bands over the years just potentially starting a new one up so quite excited about that as I haven't gigged in TIME...! Oh and I've been known to sing lead vocals whilst playing drums on stage on occasion.. that's always interesting.

So, any other seasoned or budding musicians out there write a post... plus if anyone knows any decent rehearsal rooms in Bournemouth/Poole area that isn't blueline studios or the uni let me know for future reference!

I always liked saxophone, so around 12 years ago, i bought an alto saxophone, took some lessons and learnt to read music. Best thing
I have ever. I am not interested in playing alongside others, i do for my own personal enjoyment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost
I play bass, rhythm guitar and keyboards, been in a few bands over the years playing instruments or as a sound engineer. Won battle of the bands in Leeds way back.

Supported The Commodores, Curtis Mayfield and Chubby Brown amongst others! Lol

Would love to get a band together and do the pubs/clubs circuit again, it's such a laugh.

I was chuffed the other day. Singing till my hearts content to some Plain White Tee's and my sister shouts "Jonny, turn your radio down please".. :rockwoot:Voice of an angel, haha.

I used to play piano as a kid and did all my grades etc, obviously learnt to read music, but gave it up when it became too uncool! Kind of wish i'd carried on in some ways.

I'm learning to play guitar at the moment, and collecting an unhealthy amount of the things too for somebody that can't actually play very well!! hehe

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I got a harmonica last Christmas that I have a little blow on occasionally (oh yeah) and also bass guitar too.

Last edited:
lol,learning piano will have helped a lot tbh. Been trying a bit of biffy of late but hate having to drop d tune quitar lol. The tuning is many of horrors lol

lol,learning piano will have helped a lot tbh. Been trying a bit of biffy of late but hate having to drop d tune quitar lol. The tuning is many of horrors lol

Quite a few Foos tracks require drop D too.

Learned piano as a kid up until about 11yr old. Now learning guitar, well I say learning. I don't seem to be picking much up at the moment lol. I will persevere.

56 years young and just bought my first guitar, electric Les Paul Black Beauty by Epiphone. Having lessons and loving it. Thinking of growing my hair again.

vocalist here, and currently learning guitar :)
got some of my covers up in the thread below this one, called "quick cover i did...." would appreciate more feedback.

had a momentous evening tonight, i crossed that barrier and can now sing and play the guitar for some songs at the same time!! haha,

just tonight been learning "you and Me" by Lifehouse and loving it :):)

Guitarist here, Only as a hobby really. Very on and off, don't take it very seriously at all! Although have been playing for 15years+

56 years young and just bought my first guitar, electric Les Paul Black Beauty by Epiphone. Having lessons and loving it. Thinking of growing my hair again.

Very good choice, I used to have one but regretfully sold it :( after a cherry burst one next time.

I'm A rapper, love making music and love writing music.been writing since 12 years old. Will see where it takes me

i've been playing guitar since i was 11, but i stopped about 4 years ago after i met my wife after 15 years of playing.

I've gigged with my band, we recorded an album and a couple of EPs (all amateur self funded stuff that wasn't ever released or anything).

i do miss playing at times - i used to practise up for about 4 or 5 hours a day when things got serious - was just starting to nail sweep picking when i stopped. :( i've still got all my gear and keep meaning to start up again.

I played air guitar for about 25 years before picking up the real thing a few years ago. Got a cheap starter kit for £120, added a Line 6 Pocket POD 6 months later, then 6 months later got a new axe (Ibanez RG370) and most recently got a Blackstar HT5-R valve amp and 1 x12 cab. Never gonna gig but happily rock out in the home office.

Metal to the max :thrashi:

Reactions: Ghost
Play an acoustic guitar... very badly. Originally had lessons over 20 years ago but gave them up after a few weeks because it dawned on me I had the natural aptitude of a juvenile ape.

Now my prized Hohner is on display on our wall. Hey-ho.

Reactions: Sandra