Any MMI help here please

Stokka

Reaction score
Hi, slowly i'm getting familiar with the tech in my car, too slowly ^^
I updated the entire map-pack from myAudi without any real drama, except i don't think it is really that new as my local road system has changed over the space of a year and a half, maybe more but the old roads are still in maps in the update. i dug around in D:\Mib2\NavDB\IrelandGreatBritainNorth_eu\0\default\content.pkg (opened with notepad++) and the map in the package has this info:
"PSF_Version": "60",
"countries": "GB,IRL",
"region": "IrelandGreatBritainNorth",
"creationTime": "2017-06-22 07:20:50.769273",
amirite, it's almost 1 year old ?

On to this, I found a post on here from a google search, explaining how to add POI's, great post pretty simple steps so again i used myAudi to build my camera POI's of 5 types (30 thru to 70 and red light). it all went well, popped them on a card and installed them. However, one of the check boxes will not stay ticked (30mph) when i scroll down to 40 and tick box then 50 and tick box the 30mph box un-ticks. I can re-tick it then go to another box to tick and it un-ticks again, if i re-tick it a few times it sticks, but i've ballsed something up somewhere i think. ( I do have a little vid of it doing it if it's any help)
Another thing with these personal POI's , do I really have to tick all the boxes every time I start the car ? As all the P-POI's are un-ticked after ignition off/on. Lastly on this, I can't find an option to play a ping when getting near a poi (arrival note?) is this something an update would resolve, or a setting in VCDS ?
I took some pics to give any willing helpers as much info as possible, TIA
Screenshot
V1
V2

Paul

OK so, i've spent a good while, like 2 nights looking through posts containing keywords and stuff and i don't think i am any further forward. On top of it not saving some satnav options listed above, i find tonight it doesn't seem to be remembering i like my music played randomly from the jukebox :/
and again, all my poi's are unchecked again. so after going thru the forums here DJAlix's name comes up quite a lot . . so
@DJAlix is this something that is common, is there an update available please sir ?
i should mention the car is still under warranty but no one likes to look like a tool if it's something so simple i am missing TIA

OK so, i've spent a good while, like 2 nights looking through posts containing keywords and stuff and i don't think i am any further forward. On top of it not saving some satnav options listed above, i find tonight it doesn't seem to be remembering i like my music played randomly from the jukebox :/
and again, all my poi's are unchecked again. so after going thru the forums here DJAlix's name comes up quite a lot . . so
@DJAlix is this something that is common, is there an update available please sir ?
i should mention the car is still under warranty but no one likes to look like a tool if it's something so simple i am missing TIA
Not seen issues like this before but then I do not see a lot of these MIB2 systems. I would book in with Audi as you are under warranty and have them update your firmware to the latest level. Might also be an idea to have them SVM your mmi in case there are any new parameterisations.

Reactions: T-800
Thanks for the very prompt reply @DJAlix , but what is SVM ?
And from your suggestion there is a new firmware then ? this will be the first time i use sunderland audi to look at my car and although i dont think they will try to pull the wool over my eyes . .as they say fore warned is fore armed , thanks again

Last edited:
Thanks for the very prompt reply @DJAlix , but what is SVM ?
And from your suggestion there is a new firmware then ? this will be the first time i use sunderland audi to look at my car and although i dont think they will try to pull the wool over my eyes . .as they say fore warned is fore armed , thanks again
Software version management. This is a vw group process which will in short extract your existing mmi configurations, fire them up to the servers in Germany, and then fire back any updates configurations to your vehicle. If will also revert and coding changes that might have been made, back to a factory state.

As for “is there updated firmware?”, no idea but I am betting there is. I could look to see what’s available but I as you are under warranty you might as well get Audi to do it for free.

@pxr5 thanks bud, i will defo look over that tonight. Cheers

@DJAlix Great stuff TY. I've had another new one. . . and this is baad, it wanted me to take a 'sharp left' which was the wrong way up a slip road joining the A19 . . :wtf:

Well, as @DJAlix suggested i went into my local Audi, it's booked in for Monday morning where they will hook it up and run all updates/bug fixes.
When I mentioned about the satnav trying to send me the wrong way up an on ramp/sliproad that caught the attention of another 4 people. They kindly asked if i could reproduce the satnav instructions and get either a photo, or small video which they shall send straight off so it can be given priority. it also caught their attention that on my freshly installed 2018 map update it showed the OLD site for wearside audi and not the new one which has been open for 1 year and 1 month, A service rep was sure the next update for map packs is due in July. Fingers crossed
Thanks again everyone

Well, as @DJAlix suggested i went into my local Audi, it's booked in for Monday morning where they will hook it up and run all updates/bug fixes.
When I mentioned about the satnav trying to send me the wrong way up an on ramp/sliproad that caught the attention of another 4 people. They kindly asked if i could reproduce the satnav instructions and get either a photo, or small video which they shall send straight off so it can be given priority. it also caught their attention that on my freshly installed 2018 map update it showed the OLD site for wearside audi and not the new one which has been open for 1 year and 1 month, A service rep was sure the next update for map packs is due in July. Fingers crossed
Thanks again everyone
I have various videos and photos of my Sat Nav trying to send me on crazy detours etc. Problem is Audi can't zip about this as they don’t develop / supply the maps and navigation data, navigon do and everyone is at their mersey.

Normally the case, I find becker's system in the merc similar, tried sending me down farm tracks a few times lol, however a becker is insanely fast at recalculating compared to, as i now know .. navigon