Any legal eagles on here please?.

RS3 S.

Reaction score
We live on a small cul-de -sac of 8 houses & every one gets on fine bar one neighbor. For details I wont go into here but he is being a total p .i. t. a now. He's started to bring a works vehicle home & now parks as close to my car trying to bloke me in even when there is plenty of other parking around. Last night he was so close to the rear bumper I could hardly get around the back of my car to put my kit bag in.

My neighbor noticed what had happened & moved her car closer to her husbands so I could get out for work today. Could this be classed as harassment?. Tried to reason with him but he is a nasty piece & won't listen to reason. Called the owner of the company who own the van & they won't help.

Unless there's damage committed & its provable, nothing can be classed as harassment.

You have to ask, why is he targeting you, jealousy of the car, have you inadvertently annoyed him, who knows, most times its not you, its their own lack & psyche, I suggest you do not feed his aggression, do not give him the petrol to sustain the fire, then it will go out.

Don't approach him, that's what he wants.

Reactions: RS3 S.
..........that's what we are doing it's just starting to **** me off now. All started over nothing, but thanks for the advice.:yes:

Its nothing to you, but not to him.

What is the nothing, so we can gauge if it really is nothing.

Just to play devils advocate here and obviously I don't know the ins and outs of your particular situation but sometimes I have to bring the van home and it's a right royal pain in the backside to get it parked in a position that doesn't offend anyone and is close enough to my home that I can keep an eye on it. Usually people do informally claim there own bit of tarmac to park on and adding another vehicle can upset the equilibrium
That's no excuse to act like a numpty though but unless he's parked illegally there may be nothing you can do but try to work it out

This type of behaviour can constitute harassment.

There must be a course of conduct (that is to say at least two occasions) and cause you 'alarm or distress'.

Evidence everything that happens with pictures and a diary log. When you have enough report it to the police.

If you want to know more PM me. For some reason, if I add more than the above the forum rejects the message as 'spam like'.

Just to play devils advocate here and obviously I don't know the ins and outs of your particular situation but sometimes I have to bring the van home and it's a right royal pain in the backside to get it parked in a position that doesn't offend anyone and is close enough to my home that I can keep an eye on it. Usually people do informally claim there own bit of tarmac to park on and adding another vehicle can upset the equilibrium
That's no excuse to act like a numpty though but unless he's parked illegally there may be nothing you can do but try to work it out
......thing was the other day when this happened, my car was the only one parked on the road as I was on early shift & when he returned about 15 mins after me he deliberately parked as close to my back bumper as possible. No other cars on the road so it was deliberate. I wanted to do a tip run later that day & asked him if he could back up so I could open the tailgate to put the stuff in & it was basically '' move your car forward'' then. Total ****.

......thing was the other day when this happened, my car was the only one parked on the road as I was on early shift & when he returned about 15 mins after me he deliberately parked as close to my back bumper as possible. No other cars on the road so it was deliberate. I wanted to do a tip run later that day & asked him if he could back up so I could open the tailgate to put the stuff in & it was basically '' move your car forward'' then. Total ****.
Fair do's mate, there's no excuse for him being a bell end :box:

Each area should have there assigned Neighborhood police office, find yours and console in him as they should act as an arbitrator, that's their role prevention of escalation. This either goes two ways, he comply's and stops doing what hes doing but the relationship is broken, or he ignore the advice and continues. Either way you have started the ball rolling in a legal way.

First off, I would try the back door method if you have partners, by using your partner to speak with his partner or to him directly, it could take the steam out of it and to make you both out as nobs and they sort it out for you both. This method worked for.....until he ran away with my wife and solved two problems for me !!!!!!! (Joke). Seriously this did work for me 15 years ago and both our partners kept a lid on it until we moved away.

...........well the van disappeared after Wednesday & has not been back since?.

Reactions: Raiden
Good work @S3. Thats one way of sorting it ;)