1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Any ideas to rectify this?

fafa Aug 3, 2017

1. fafa

fafa Member

The missus kindly bought me a phone holder which she stuck to the dash for me too. It's left this ring where presumably the adhesive has ripped of the top coating. Any ideas how I can remedy this? I've tried using toothpaste as a mild abrasive but that didn't work.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. AndyT306

AndyT306 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona S-line owners group Audi A6 Black Edition S tronic DSG

i'd dump her

looks like the adhesive has stained the vinyl, or has it actually taken it off?

4. Audimad

Audimad Well-Known Member

Add three more so it will look like the Audi symbol.

The Black Panther likes this.
  5. SirTT

SirTT Member

If I were going to try anything it would be trichloroethylene AKA dry cleaning fluid/brake cleaner. I'd try a tiny bit on an inconspicuous part of the dash first but I can't see it harming it.
    You may need to do the whole upper dash however.

6. AndyT306

AndyT306 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona S-line owners group Audi A6 Black Edition S tronic DSG

I’d try white spirit tbh

7. Tendaimwari

Tendaimwari Member

Nail polish remover initially use a cotton but on a small section. Then apply google interior restorer like Meguiars #39

8. fafa

fafa Member

Finally got around to trying the nail polish remover and it's pretty much worked. I can still see a very vague pattern there but only when the sun hits it in the right way. I'm going to give it another few goes to see if it can totally remove it.

9. oldoiler

oldoiler Member

WD40 is quite good at soften/ removing adhesive marks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro