ANY IDEAS??? CLUTCH? FLYWHEEL?

?

Iv got a 1.9tdi and its hitting 135k
My clutch pedal comes all the way up...
But the actuall feel of the clutch is a quarta way down. A quarter of me pedal is free

Is this my clutch on its way out? Also is my fly wheel going to go with it??

Also anyone know where to get a cheap clutch and flywheel from? As money is tight atm.

Cheers in advance guys and girls :)

Before worrying about the clutch and/or flywheel, I would focus instead on the clutch master cylinder. Could be that there is air in the hydraulic system, or a shortage of fluid. Either way, a mechanic can quickly bleed/change the hydraulic fluid, or if necessary change the clutch master cylinder for you. None of this is expensive. If the clutch master cylinder checks out OK, then it could well be the clutch itself that will need changing. Flywheel problems will show up as excessive vibration. Good luck.

Cheers mate. Shall take it down to the garage in the morning.

Is this something to worry about?
Should it be a prority to get sorted?

Yes, you should get it sorted. If indeed it is the master cylinder, it could suddenly fail and leave you with no way to activate the clutch. The only way to know is to have the mechanic look at it and diagnose what is happening. Should not be too expensive. Good luck, and let us all know the results.

Took it to the garage and apparently my brake fluid was low which is used to pump my clutch. Therefore it has goten air in my system ::wacko: but it needs bleeding and then should be fine. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Good news K50. Bleeding the air out of the clutch should be an easy job. However, I question why the brake fluid was found to be that low. Make sure you check the hydraulic fluid level several times in the coming weeks. Any future loss of fluid points to a leak somewhere, and that must be fixed ASAP.

It wa because my brake caliper was leeking a couple of weeks ago. I got that fixed but the fluid light never came on so i didnt bother checking it.

Well that explains the loss of fluid. Whoever fixed the leaking caliper did not apparently have the good sense to top up the hydraulic fluid. However, low hydraulic fluid should bring up a warning on the dash (or DIS). This sensor is usually incorporated in the brake/clutch hydraulic reservoir cap, and thus is easy to get at and test. It is a simple float which sits on top of the hydraulic fluid, and signals a fault light when it falls to some low level. Suggest you have this checked out, and also just for safety, check fluid levels more frequently for the next few months....just in case....:scared2:

Took it to the garage today and apparently my clutch pressure plates are on there way out. :(
The garage snapped my clutch pedal wben bleeding the clutch. So he is fixing that for me but said it wont last long...