Any Idea how much my car is worth?

unikarl

Reaction score
With the possibility of a company van looming I'm considering selling my pride and joy. Its a very well specced car and has been looked after all its life but has now done an awful lot of miles throwing a spanner in the works slightly.

The spec...

A4 S line 2.0 TDI 140
Dolphin Grey,
Voltera Leather (2 tone, grey and black)
RNS-E sat nav with Aux input,
Bi xenon headlights,
Cruise Control,
Full Drivers information system,
BBS CH wheels,
Autodimming mirror,
Eibach suspension,
FSH, 10 months tax and 12 months MOT.

Now the bad parts.. One small scratch on the passenger door (really is small though) and 182k!

Any ideas?

Saloon, 2006 model on an 06 and 6 speed manual.

Knew I'd miss something out!

to be honest there not selling that well anyway at the moment
so i wouldnt like to put a price on it
the 182 will make it a bit harder to sell

quick look on trader etc etc
dealers are wanting 9/10K low miles
then 6/7K 120k ish

Might I suggest With it's mods you are further limiting the Market, I would consider standard wheels & springs, insurance with mods scar
e people, tough one.

Last edited:
Sorry but i didnt read his specs properly,

£ 4500 trade

£ 5300 private

I know that sucks but at 168k nobody is going to want it, Mine has done 114k and on a 10k trade in im being offered 5k on it from 3 different dealers.

I should get 6.5k for it private though.

Thanks for the help guys. Anyone want some eibach springs?

That cant be right. Even we buy any car valued it at over 4k with the mileage its got.

Well, its looking more and more like I'm getting a L200 anyway so I'll have to sort something out with the car.

Mate, the only time those car valuations are used is when a dealer is trying to buy your car, so they can offer you the lowest price possible, I've not come across one yet that reflects real world values.
Have a look around and see what similar cars are fetching. Obviously deduct a bit for mileage.
I know plenty of people who buy cars with high mileage. The worse case scenario is stick it on eBay and see how it goes, you can always remove it if it doesnt look to be getting enough. I'd say you'd get 5k ish. It depends what you're happy with.

5k and I'd be happy I reckon. Well, as happy as I can be for someone that has just gone from doing 60k a year in an A4 to 60k a year in an L200!

5k and I'd be happy I reckon. Well, as happy as I can be for someone that has just gone from doing 60k a year in an A4 to 60k a year in an L200!

Do you really have to sell it, Karl? Can you not use the L200 to do the drudge miles, and keep the A4 for pleasure/leisure journeys?

I think it will have to go because of lack of space to keep both the Audi and the L200 as well as my wife's car. Currently thinking of getting rid of her car and giving her mine though so we do have a few options to work through before I do anything drastic.

I think it will have to go because of lack of space to keep both the Audi and the L200 as well as my wife's car. Currently thinking of getting rid of her car and giving her mine though so we do have a few options to work through before I do anything drastic.

It just seems a shame to let it go when you have put so much into it, and when the market's view of the mileage dictates that the car is worth less than the value you place on it. If you can find a way, it'd be much better to keep it. Think how much more still you'll value and appreciate the car if, every time you get in it, it's because you want to, and not because you have to.

Last edited:
You do make a very good point there!

I might be able to keep it... I just need to work out the best way financially.

you could look at stripping it back to standard as people are saying. i'd be interested in xenon's or rns-e etc. Shame as its a lovely looking motor! Good luck with the sale if you do decide to sell!

Karl, if you find you have to get rid, then with spec you have on it, it might pay you too stick it on pistonheads, you will get a better price because there are lots of peeps looking for cars that have lots of extras (mods). But imho find a work around a keep it.

Mac