Any guides/tips for changing intercooler on S3

Ben2487

Reaction score
Just wondering is there any guides out there as I'm half way through changing mine. I don't want to disconnect my a/c rad if I can help it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best way is to recover a/c from system. Radiator condensor and intercooler all have to be split. Do it right or your going to need to do the job twice. I am there will be sum1 out there done good write up on this. Just do search.

it's possible to leave the a/c radiator on but you have to unbolt them to separate them and maneuver the intercooler out as it's in the middle of the rad pack from memory so they all need to be loose!

It's a PITA though to do it this way - a lot easier to remove the coolant and air con radiators

All done now lads thanks, I chose to take the rad off and leave the a/c rad there it's easier to refill the coolant than the a/c gas. This new Wagner was really seriously snug! The bottom right fan bolt is sitting on the jubilee clip for the right hose and on the left I had to prise the a/c bracket slightly where it meets the rad to slide on the other samco.

I should of done a walk through guide as i couldn't find anything on the net but I didn't really have time to take a load of photos as I only had the weekend to get it done. I suppose most people get a garage to do it as it is quite a large job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: S.
There used to be an APR guide but maybe they took it down so people couldn't just cheat and use it to do their own installs!

I think I have it on my computer though as a PDF :D

Nice one fella. Glad you got it done. Let us no how the wagner cooler goes, looking into one myself its either proalloy or wagner.