1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any guidance how to remove vandalised door mirror please?

amowolves Oct 22, 2018

1. amowolves

amowolves Member It's my birthday

Hi All

Unfortunately some scum decided to kick my passenger side door mirror off last night, so its just hanging at the mo. I have ordered a replacement but cant seem to find any info on how to undo the existing one from the door.

anyone shed some light please?

Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Maybe look at the thread below see if that helps as it looks like the mirror was removed to fit new mirrors.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-remove-and-refit-mirror-caps-on-a6-s6-c7-c7-5.375781/

4. amowolves

Thanks Sandra, I did view that thread but it doesn't go as far as how to remove the actual mirror assembly from the door.

5. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

Send a message to @marriedblonde to see if he can advise you.

amowolves likes this.
  6. Mo-S3

Mo-S3 Member

You need to remove the interior door panel so you can get to the connectors and remove the 3 bolts behind the upper triangular trim.
    There are a few how to on the net on how to remove the 4G door trim.

amowolves likes this.
  7. amowolves

Thankyou.

Yes I followed the below youtube video on how to get the door card off:

*prise off speaker grill and chrome trim around door handle
    *remove three screws holding door panel in place
    * prise/pull off door panel by popping pins starting at bottom of door card. Pull door card upwards.

Then disconnect mirror loom from module mounted on door and remove the three bolts holding door mirror inplace (under another triangular piece of plastic trim).

I also had to swap over the housing from my old mirror as the new one was a different color. the guide for this is in post above:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-remove-and-refit-mirror-caps-on-a6-s6-c7-c7-5.375781/

Whole job took me about an hour.

be careful not to lose the bolts holding the mirror in place as they can get lost down the inside of the door if not using a magnetic driver.