Any Electricians out there? Need some help

DEFRATOS walk away from the socket, walk away lol.

even i could do what you want to do, fancy paying for a plane ticket to get it sorted for you ?

lol

you will be fine ........ (famous last words lol ) Im a electrical/mechanical engineer by trade but the only job I shy away from is plastering. (thats just because its a thing that gets better the more you do it and my wife won`t put up with my first attempt so I dont bother.)

lol, yeah plastering is a masterful trade, its all about the mix & the thickness of layers, having beer glass bottom glasses doesnt help either for a flat surface, lol, lol.

I have a feeling we wont be hearing from Defratos after tomorrow, lol, lol, (kidding)

Haha very funny :lmfao:, Damn it I've been around this whole city and either no one stocks them or they've run out. I've got one more place to check tomorrow. Worst comes to worst could I just not use the block connector? that's if I can't find one because the fridge is arriving tomorrow and I won't be able to move it once it's in/out where ever they put it. :uhm:

DEFRATOS walk away from the socket, walk away lol.

even i could do what you want to do, fancy paying for a plane ticket to get it sorted for you ?

lol

lol I don't even want to pay an electrician to come over and do it so I don't think so :p. Hey I heard there's a VW & Audi Track Day 26th July - Castle Combe anyone going?

oh come on, you've been to the diy stores & not 1 has block connectors, thats near impossible, ok last one for you is CEF city electrical factors will have them mate, just do a yell.com for your local one, they will def have them, I still find that impossible none of the diy stores has them.

ah ok now I get you & no I didnt see that post, can see your prob now then, lol.

You know what also to check, some connection boxes just have the blocks inside & they use a box to seal from the outside, you could easily buy the box & remove the block connector aswell which theoretically gives you the same component no different.

lol, yeah burns his fingers before he electrocutes himself, lol lol, lol

hey at least you're smiling about it, which is a good thing, lol, hey revenge is sweet & you'll get it one day, lol.

So what yer doing in Saudi?

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Brilliant, absolute classic, lol, couldnt have said better myself, lol

lol I'm working in a factory that makes drinks (mostly milk based), Juices, Cheese, Peanut Butter, Beans, Peas and Tomato Paste. I got bored working in a cardboard factory so I changed. Plus cost of living here is ridiculously low so its a good place to save up on some much needed cash (plus its a cover up for stealing a few hundred drums of good old oil!!)

how can there not be some form of block connector in all your local diy stores for gods sake, lol, lol

Daffy, if you PM me your address, I can ship one of these block connectors for a small sum of £500 inclusive off export duty, postage and packaging, insurance tax, value added tax, up yours tax, fuel tax, tax on top of the tax, you have been tax'd....

:)

You anything to do with the government, jojo? :whistle2:

Well I finally got around to it and here it is:
plug1.jpg

plug2.jpg

LOL I remembered to take pics of the wiring after 5 hours of wrestling with the Fridge doors (had to change them around) but all I did really was plug the wires straight into the new socket and cut the Earth wire in two and connected that up, it seems to be doing well.. thanks for the help guys

Glad you got it done in the end. I hope you made sure the connections were nice and tight btw :icon_thumright:

It's a cunning ploy to smuggle all the borrowed oil back to Blighty.

But sshhhh! Nobody must know........

Oops!:banghead:

lol yeah all the "borrowed oil" nice one. Well most appliances here are sold with UK or similar type power plugs, don't ask me why but I guess its just easier for manufacturers to do it this way. Even my Washing Machine, Toaster, Kettle, TVs, everything is pretty much same a UK type connections but all the houses here have the 2 hole (Gay) type connection, got no idea why but by the end of the year I would have probably changed all of them around to UK type hehe ;)

he cant even find a block connector in saudi, lol, now you want him to try & buy a travel adapter, come on let him be now, lol, lol

If you can try and use through crimps, those screw type connector blocks are not very reliable or sturdy.
url