Any dog breeders on here?

i'd think first before breeding dogs...... there's too many dogs in shelters that needs homes, producing more dogs simply causes more problems for the shelters

Is it for any particular breed,as if so might be worth contacting the relevant breeding club. We contacted the local Cocker Spaniel club before we bought ours,and the lady was very very helpful.

Ok well i have a one year old blue staff. Ever since i've had him when taking him for walks people have stopped me and asked if i'd be interested in breeding him. But over the last week been asked about 10 times if i want to breed him. Said i'd get back to them.
But i thought he's a bit young to breed was only a year old on the 14th April this year.
So was just wondering how old they should be?

If the balls have dropped they can produce pups mate.

Our spaniel managed it at under 6 mnths old when he raped our Staff.

Blue will make some gorgeous babies i am sure

Idealy you need to wait till the dog is fully grown.
Also, if your going to breed and what the pups to be pure breed and carry some standing in the breeding world. You would ideally need your dog checked medicaly for any issues that might be past on and in time create a bad breeding line.
It might also be worth checking the history of you pup.
If it has a good standing, good breeding and a good history you can demand a higher fee for using your pup as a stud.

Ok well i have a one year old blue staff. Ever since i've had him when taking him for walks people have stopped me and asked if i'd be interested in breeding him. But over the last week been asked about 10 times if i want to breed him. Said i'd get back to them.
But i thought he's a bit young to breed was only a year old on the 14th April this year.
So was just wondering how old they should be?

hi mate please think very carefully before breeding your staff . i have owned staffs for 27 years i would not dream of having any other breed fantastic dogs in the right hands . there are more staffs in rescue centres than any other breed some people unfortunately see them as a fashion accesory . they can be a real handfull in the wrong hands people say to me that the fighting instinct as gone from the breed believe me it as not . they need a firm hand especialy the males i presume your dog as a full pedigree and as been vet checked also make sure you only breed with ***** that as a full pedigree and again as been vet checked and is over 24 months old at least . both dogs shoudl be blood tested for L-2-hga . L-2-hydroxyglutaric aciduria this condition wil cause cesures both sire and dam can pass this on to the pups if either are infected . the trouble is people see it as a quick buck by breeding there ***** and will sell to just anybody i will not be part of that i have bred and shown in the past but i will not be breeding any more of my dogs i think there are too many unwanted staffs as it is