Any DnB Heads on here?

Filth

Reaction score
Ive seen a couple of people post in thread that they listen to DnB just wondering how many and if any of you still go to any events?

Last edited:
Hi Filth

I'v not been or going to any events anytime soon sadly, but just wanted to say, it be nice if you’d put a few links to the music you like, see what you into or recommend :icon_thumright:

D&B/Jungle..........absolutely!!! Until last year the last time I went to a club/rave was bagleys '94! Used to frequent the likes of Rocket, Roller express, Astoria, hippadrome, lydd, MOS, paradise club, the sanctuary (Milton Keynes) etc,etc but that was back in the 'good old days' which are very sadly missed! However last year I went to a 'roller express reunion' which was held at wembley, it was just like stepping back into the nineties!! What a great night, well worth going to if you like your old skool jungle/dnb, I'm no longer on Facebook but the link to it is on there..... 'roller express rave reunion' or 'the pirate club' on Facebook.... Great night out

Hey Luke,
Yeh I use to go Sanctuary too they were the best times for me, I still go now and can enjoy it but it isn't the same atmosphere. To be honest in the last year or two theres been a massive increase in the number of old school Jungle events. They are even trying to do a Helter Skelter reunion.

I take it you got to see the great Stevie Hyper perform in all his glory?

Certainly did, him and G.Q in my opinion were the ONLY mc's , "junglists are you reaaaady" !! Shame about Stevie hyper :( .
Yeah there does seem to be a few 'back to whatever's' about at the moment but like you say its not the same atmosphere, although that roller express reunion was not far off. I was even managing getting away with smoking on the dance floor and not just fags!!

Hi Filth

I'v not been or going to any events anytime soon sadly, but just wanted to say, it be nice if you’d put a few links to the music you like, see what you into or recommend :icon_thumright:

Here's one of my favourites, I dunno if you're into the newer stuff that's out these days, some of it's ok but IMO it doesn't compare to the '92-'95 era, particularly '93 I think this one is from around 94, I'll post some more of my favs later.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ShOCnozFx4http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ShOCnozFx4

Above The Clouds - Sunshine Productions - Just Another Label - YouTube

Last edited:
Ray Keith played an amazing set New Years Eve everything from mid 90's upto about 2005. If you Like a mix of tunes with a few oldschool and prefer the MC's that dont chat double time Shy Fx from Global Gathering 2010 with Mc Dynamite is a good set, gives me chills listening to it might not be enough jungle for you but I would give it a try.

Part of the reason for the atmosphere is since the Sanctuary Shut theres no large venues, its generally club nights now with 2-3k capacity. Couple that with the darker Moodier Side of it and thats why the atmosphere ain't the same, as I say I still have a good time out but being next to birmingham there isn't much within traveling distance so get stuck going to the same events.

Global Gathering always use to be the one as it was large capacity and good vibes but after 2010 they switched to Hospitality providing the DnB tent which killed it for us.:keule:

Oh yeah and you can get away with smoking in majority really, If ya get caught you just put it out, roadmender Northampton will throw you out though.

Here the Shy Fx set if you want to try it

DNBSHARE.COM

Just about to listen to shy FX set on way to work but its been deleted! :( was actually looking forward to having a listen to that, will have a look on YouTube for it, where did you go new years eve? I did go to a global gathering once and the vibe there was wicked! I think the bigger the event the better just like world dance in the aircraft hanger at Lydd airport that was good too

Use to be ok on that dnbshare but some djs wont allow their sets to be downloaded and a couple promoters wont allow their nights sets on there, everything else is downloadable without infringin piracy.

I went to Raveology at Gibb Street warehouse, Raveology for me was good 2006-2008 but I've lost interest in recent years and not had much of a good time, New years was really good though and usually thats the biggest let down of the year.

Oh and i was wrong it wasn't ray Keith it was Randal who played the oldschool - newschool set. Ray Keith did play a Jungle set though.