Any [car] window fitters on here?

Macster

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering... Would the new A4 Saloon rear screen fit a 2014 Audi A4 Saloon?

I'd love to get tints, although I'd prefer original tinted glass on the rear at least, I did email Autoglass, but they never replied. I know the door glass doesn't fit, but the rear screen, and possibly 1/4 lights in genuine glass would be great, I could live with the doors being tinted.

So, any experts out there know; they can't be that different, (if at all), I guess it would need a side-by-side comparison if possible?

Thanks

Baz

When you say new A4 saloon, do you mean the B9 generation? If so, I'd very surprised if any parts carry over between it and the B8.

Why don't you just get the windows professionally tinted? Cheaper that trying to go with OEM glass!

When you say new A4 saloon, do you mean the B9 generation? If so, I'd very surprised if any parts carry over between it and the B8.

Yes, the B9, I can't see the rear screen being "that" different, the whole car is only subtley different, (although there are a lot of changes). Worth a punt though, you never know :)

Why don't you just get the windows professionally tinted? Cheaper that trying to go with OEM glass!

I was put off by the [possible] silvering, and that the tints don't go right to the edge, only just over the dot matrix; I don't mind tinted door glass, as that'd go edge to edge

It really depends on how skilled the fitter is. Yes Audi unfortunately has micro dots around the edges of some glass, and this can prevent proper adhesion of the tint. I've had my last 4 cars tinted professionally (not current car it was OEM tinted) and honestly, it's hardly noticable.

Tinted film is (relatively) cheap, it's the skill of the fitter you pay for - and his CLEAN workshop.

Reactions: feva and Macster
It really depends on how skilled the fitter is. Yes Audi unfortunately has micro dots around the edges of some glass, and this can prevent proper adhesion of the tint. I've had my last 4 cars tinted professionally (not current car it was OEM tinted) and honestly, it's hardly noticable.

Tinted film is (relatively) cheap, it's the skill of the fitter you pay for - and his CLEAN workshop.
^^^exactly this. I had a few cars done, there is nothing easy you can do about the dot matrix around the edges and as said above it is hardly noticeable.
Only way I would possibly think of getting rid of the effect is to scape the dot matrix off, dont if it can be done? And if it can I would bet it would be difficult and very very time consuming.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: Macster