Any body running one of these?

to be honest forge dump valves arent held in high regard on this forum, i had one which leaked so i bought a new standard recirculating valve from my local vw/audi dealers. it was about £40 and they are more than adequate for even a remapped car.

For that money just buy an OE one... that will most likely leak like a sieve...

<tuffty/>

the only reason is I have had a copy of the 006 on my old A3 and that worked perfectly fine, no issues

I would put money on the 006 copy leaking too mate... all the copy valves I have seen tested leaked...

<tuffty/>

Dont do it, i had one that looked just like that. When you push up the piston from the bottom with your thumb the oring at the bottom could come loose. The o-ring that seals when shut in alot of these cheap ones is on the bottom face. If it drops out say good bye to your turbo. Ill take a photo to show you if you want to see it.

i had a recirc dump valve on my motor, when building boost could here it escaping, then when lifting off the throttle it would dump like supposed to, i soon got rid of it oe is more than capable,
wonder any diy tests that op could carry out to show proof of a leaking dump valve?

OK ill post them anyway. People should probably see it lol.
Looks decent from the outside... ignore the gap between the top at bottom, its unscrewed and my fingers couldnt take the spring :p
IMG 20140520 205957
But look at that sealing surface inside. Plus that is the bottom of the piston with the groove where the o-ring sits. Turns out ive lost it too. But think about when the piston moves up, the o-ring could easy unseat and fall out the bottom and get sucked into the turbo intake pipe. There isnt even a o-ring or gasket of any kind between the top and bottom halves. It would leak like mad.
IMG 20140520 210035
I would never install this on any car.

But it has a red spring. It must be good!

Reactions: s3dave
thats a valid case, the recirc valve i had didnt have an o ring were the piston met the exhaust outlet???? i came to the conclusion mine was leaking due to a weak spring as when i put my foot down you started to hear air escaping as if it couldnt be held back.
i have to agree with the others the original valve seems to be more than fit for the job

I guess you pay for what you get.
If the OE one is fine then no point ch changing it.
I was just wondered if the copy was as good.
I guess this is a case of "you pay for what you get"