Any Audi mechanics on here, need advice

Gordon Stewart

Reaction score
Hi folks, are there any Audi mechanics on here as my Audi garage is trying to sell me a fuel additive to clean my carbon build up but I thought that this would not touch it with the direct injection engines, any advice much appreciated , thanks

Sorry not an Audi tech. But I can't see why it wouldn't help the carbon build up.
A few tanks of vpower and you will be in your way though.

I thought it will help on Port injection as the injector sprays on the back of the valve but in direct injection the injector sprays below the valves and directly on to the piston thus not spraying the cleaner on the valve and thus nor cleaning

Fair point.
What engine and what are they saying about your engine coking up?

I'd not a Tech or an Audi Tech, but Tut Tut, 2.0TFSI is direct injection so the OP is correct, what is Edinburgh Audi playing at, sure this stuff should help clean out the head and exhaust - but in the main it is the inlet area that causes concerns with PDI engines. Is this another example of creative upselling?

Reactions: Chop.
It's a 2.0tfsi s line, 59 plate, just had the oil consumption fix and I was told before it that the valves inlet manifold and exhaust headers got all cleaned and then when the fix was done they told me it had been done, it was not until I proded more into it and asking a mechanic that I found that it was not done!!!, I have had shocking service from Edinburgh and they agreed because I was told and because of the bad service that they would clean it as it gets worse cocked up because of the oil consumption problem, they are now trying to pam me of with a couple of bottles of fuel system cleaner !!, I have told them that that will not touch it

I hope someone in that organisation keeps an eye out for their name being used on-line, and stops that nonsense from the service department, mind you, maybe that is the way their newish head of operations at Sighthill want them to behave, you should really have a formal chat with Audi UK about that, clowns!

Edit:- remember that there is a way to give your thoughts about them on this forum, under Dealers or Garages.

Going to speak to them tomorrow first and then I will phone Audi UK if I don't get anywhere

Reactions: ruairi83, RS5 JON and AudiLeon