Any aquamist users here?

monty77

Reaction score
Website
www.s3.adam-m.co.uk
There's a group buy going on at my old owners forum, just wondered if they were widely used on the 1.8T ?

...I'm thinking it'd be more effective than a FMIC and if an ethanol mix were used possible timing changes could be made also .. useful for us Revo SPS3 people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers,
Adam

I know dbm has it installed on his S3 and he said that it seems to pull better now over 5.5k. He hasn't had it on the rollers yet.

I had a look at his install and it looks nice and tidy, they had to build a custom resovior as their isn't really anywhere in the engine bay to fit the standard 1. Plus I think he said it worked out a lot cheaper than getting a new FMIC.

How much is the system in the gb?

wow ..good price,could you sort me one?
do you have a link?

Hmmm, does that include the cost of them building a custom stainless steel resovior for it? Or is it a system that uses a crappy expandable plastic bag / bottle?

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, does that include the cost of them building a custom stainless steel resovior for it? Or is it a system that uses a crappy expandable plastic bag / bottle?

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly suspect, at this price, neither.

A

ha.......i was JUST about to ask the same thing.

corrado forum are doind a GB for an aquamist kit and its £150... probably different kit for a different application though

[ QUOTE ]
ha.......i was JUST about to ask the same thing.

corrado forum are doind a GB for an aquamist kit and its £150... probably different kit for a different application though

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's an Aquamist kit then I'll take 10 !!

...loads of cheaper systems out there. I'm lead to believe the parts (pumps in particular) are inferior but could be marketing BS.

A

just says Aquamist ERL water injection kits....looks like their buying them for the G60 engine

what do i need to ask him to find out if there any good.....and what do they actually do?

[ QUOTE ]
just says Aquamist ERL water injection kits....looks like their buying them for the G60 engine

what do i need to ask him to find out if there any good.....and what do they actually do?

[/ QUOTE ]

ERL/Aquamist is the same brand - sounds like the same kit!!!

You got a link to the details?

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/cp.html

A

PS: Was joking about the 10 thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw your post on the forum mate .. their kit isn't Aquamist and personally I'd rather have ther real McCoy .. aquamist has the ability to add things like blocked jet sensors etc.. too which are nice if you are running the kind of boost that relies on such cooling methods.

A

[ QUOTE ]
sure... but essentially both kits would do the same thing and would be fine for someone....IE ME... running standard apart from a stage 1 chip??

[/ QUOTE ]

True. The way I see it is that it'd be a viable alternative to a FMIC.

A

so basically the one on the corrado forum is a simpler version than the one on the fiat forum?

both spray water onto the IC and cool the air temp down.... also spray water direct into the induction before the throttle body also cooling things down.

does it automatically do this at certain temps or certain revs or is it like a NOS kit with a button?? really not sure exactly how they work and havent had time to research yet.

[ QUOTE ]
so basically the one on the corrado forum is a simpler version than the one on the fiat forum?

both spray water onto the IC and cool the air temp down.... also spray water direct into the induction before the throttle body also cooling things down.

does it automatically do this at certain temps or certain revs or is it like a NOS kit with a button?? really not sure exactly how they work and havent had time to research yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 is made by a company who have been supplying systems to rally cars for years, 1 is an unknown.

Both kits mist water into the charge (i.e. internally) .. neither spray onto the intercooler.

The Aquamist kit includes a pressure switch so activates at a preset boost limit .. not sure about the other one.

A

[ QUOTE ]
ah i understand.

is it something that would need setting up before i get my remap or can i do it after?

any idea on the actual power gains?

ta

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do it any time.

...there are no 'gains' per se (much like a FMIC) just fewer losses when inlet temps being high are losing you power.

You can add methanol to the water mix which in effect raises the octane level of the fuel .. you could have your car mapped to take advantage of that or if you have Revo and the SPS3 box you can alter the timing yourself to add power.

A

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe (after speaking with dbm) it is set to kick in above XXXXrpm.

I think it is variable. I'm sure I remember 3500rpm mentioned.

On another note, if you are going for the GB. I would get in touch with them to see if they fit it. As I bet you the water tank they supply wont fit anywhere in your engine bay.

And you will have to dish out extra cost for a new tank.

Might be worth confirming this.

[ QUOTE ]
On another note, if you are going for the GB. I would get in touch with them to see if they fit it. As I bet you the water tank they supply wont fit anywhere in your engine bay.

And you will have to dish out extra cost for a new tank.

Might be worth confirming this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Water tank is a concern of mine too...as soon as I get my sodding car back I'm going to start figuring out where things can go.

A