anti shudder valve woes

tony mc

Reaction score
now gents, right to start off today i have cleaned my anti shudder valve, egr and manifold, happy days or so i thought, then my bestest buddy turned up (mechanic by trade)
and started to laugh at me, "why are you cleaning the anti shudder" ? so i tell him why and this should sort my idle wobble out and what ave you, he then told me it'll be fubar'd coz oil gets in the leccy box and stops them from working, i checked the seal around it all and the was no oil leaking from the seal on the box lid, so i opened it and was met with OIL ???
20160918 124119

so his findings are this try looking in the leccy box that's on the valve first without cleaning to save time, if ok clean the valve and replace if like me its full of oil you will need a new one, i've had to clean all of mine as i do'nt have a replacement yet so....

20160918 124515

now then, if you have had the cleaning done and your still getting the idle wobble and what ave you, check the leccy side of things out on the valve, me mate says it'll be lubed up and will want changing for new.

hope this sorts a few people out and save £££'s and time, as i have been reading all the threads on cleaning and stripping anti shudder, egr, manifold over the last few day's and i see people saying they have cleaned and changed parts and still have the problem, could this be the problem ???

Reactions: 344bigal and carlcall
You're welcome pal.....but seriously it's extortionate how much they are.

I know ECP do a Siemens one for £160.99 with their 30% off so shouldn't be too bad :cry:

CLICKY

Reactions: tony mc
cheers carl but that links telling me it'll cost £229, i'll ave a look around plus my mates in the trade so fingers crossed he'll sort it cheaper for me

ah i see, lol. i'm going to me mates garage to help him with a van so i'll see what he recons to the price and order it if he cant get one cheaper,
thanks Carl mate.

just been looking at the egr delete from darkside, going for a map in a couple of weeks so may as well get that too. going to be spending a small fortune on it again, bring on the overtime lol.

Last edited:
I think it runs out at midnight and then drops down for a day or so to 25% and then it raises back upto 30% again.

But if he says it's OK better with more monies off :grin:

eh up, so, my mate can get a new valve for a little cheaper through trade so i'll do that just coz i'm a tight ****. also it'll be sent to the garage so i dont need to be in to receive it

Reactions: carlcall
i undone the bolts on the top of mine, yet it didnt seem to want to come off, just loosened .. i didnt want to pull too hard incase it broke something, is there a trick to it?

there's 3 bolts in it, basically it's two flat flanges with an o-ring gasket, it should just pull off if not fall off, did you take to boost hose off ?

edit, sorry mate did you mean the valve its self or the plastic cover on the leccy box

Reactions: carlcall
@JLawson90 I had mine apart today. There are 2 metal connectors which go between the cover (with electrical connector) and the geared unit. You just have to use a bit of force and it will come out, but pull it apart totally straight. DO NOT pry at 1 corner, because you will damage the connector. Just hold the 2 halves in your hands and pull apart with a bit of force. Once released the first time it seems to go on & off easier after that.