Anti Roll Bar

.-Samuel-.

Reaction score
Ive got an A3 8P 09 plate.

Need ne Anti Roll Bar bushes and it looks like mine are wearing. I was wondering is it better to replace just the bushes or go for a full change with the bar as well?

Replace the ARB with the H&R kit and you will be amazed at the difference. This is without doubt the best mod after a remap.

The front bar is a b1atch to replace, whole sub frame off etc.

I'd advise going for the rear whiteline ARB and just doing the bushes on the front. Unless the whole bar has to be removed to replace the bushes in which cale @nluk100 's advice is best.

There is no trade off - ride comfort is unchanged!

You just get to fling it into corners at silly speeds and it just copes with it - virtually no understeer and no tyre squeal.

As above though, you get 80% of the improvement with just the rear bar.

I feel the ARB`s should be one of the first mods done on the 8P platform.

We have had a 8P A3 2.0tfsi 4WD as our demo car for many years and the bars made huge difference to the chassis and overall handling of the vehicle. The main issue with the S3 is under-steer due to the vehicle always wanting to push the nose out esp when on track. By changing the bars I wouldn't say it irradiates this but it does improve the overall handing and makes the vehicle turn in nicer and flatter when pushing it round the twisties.

I have now got a MK 5 Gold GTI with Bilstein B16 Coilovers, Anti Lift Kit, Eibach ARBS, Forge Brakes and Poly bushes with a K04 Turbo running approx 350 bhp and its a brilliant track toy. The icing on the cake for the car is a Quaife Diff which is sat beside me waiting to be installed next week :)

Reactions: Sayam
Ive got an A3 8P 09 plate.

Need ne Anti Roll Bar bushes and it looks like mine are wearing. I was wondering is it better to replace just the bushes or go for a full change with the bar as well?

All depends if you want the handling to remain the same and keep costs low or if you'd like to go all out and improve the handling?

Damian @ DPM Performance

There is no trade off - ride comfort is unchanged!

You just get to fling it into corners at silly speeds and it just copes with it - virtually no understeer and no tyre squeal.

As above though, you get 80% of the improvement with just the rear bar.

Really no change in comfort...OK I think I'm gonna start looking into these more lol