Anti lift Rear Bushes & Lower Engine Mount Insert

Charlie23

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Fitted some Powerflex bushes to the S3 this week and you can tell the difference straight away, some good some bad.

PowerFlex Front Arm Rear Anti-lift bushes tightened up the steering you could feel it through the steering wheel while driving so was happy with these. Abit of a pain to fit but got there in the end. Would Recommend.

Lower Engine insert i went for the purple race spec bad mistake. The car does feel abit more rigid might sound silly but you can feel it while driving BUT the vibration on idle is not good. You can feel the car vibrating as your sat there and i dont like it. Im going to order a street version to see if its any better so will update as i go along.

Attachments

• bush2.jpg
    bush2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 81
  • bush3.jpg
    bush3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 79
Got purple one for ages. Don't find it harsh at all. Combined with engine mount inserts it makes a big difference.

No way, mine seems to give the car abit of a vibration on idle? Did you have abit of a pain fitting the insert? Could get it in no problems but the bolt hole would not line up once the insert was pushed all the way in? Took a while to get it sorted

Yes, if i remeber correctly. It's been for years on the car.
It gives a bit of vibration but it settles up a bit and you'll get used to it.
If i was fitting it again i would probably go for black series as this combined with engine mount inserts helps with gear changes on stage 2 and beyond manual cars.