anti dazzle mirror pt number help

bugwhizz

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been offered an interior mirror with the anti dazzle function, pt number 4F0 857 511E 1YE

My A4 is a 2003 B6 with a normal mirror fitted and i know i need a new screen to fit the mirror to but what i'd like help with is the pt number compatability, i want to have auto lights and wipers eventually so i want to buy the right mirror 1st time rather than chop and change later.

Is this pt number right for A4 B6 and does it have light and rain sensor?

I also rang Audi and gave the parts guy the pt number but he was unable to tell me anything other than it was an anti dazzle mirror??, i honestly thought they would have the right answer for me!

I've not really had much chance to do a forum search as it's just been offered to me , are there differences between A4 and A3 mirrors?.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Graeme

Last edited:
ETKA shows A4 2005 onwards, VIN: "8E-5-400 001 >>"
4F0 857 511E 1YE, 11/20404 to 06/2008 "Silver" Anti Dazzle Mirror ~£175.00

I believe the "E" version has the on/off switch and light sensopr feed for the Power Control Unit which would allow auto lights and coming home light options to be retrofitted.

I have the "C" version mirror, although anti-dazzle does not have the light sensor feed or on/off switch.

Rain sensor versions are for B7 models upwards I believe - not possible to retrofit on B6?

Hi woorlord

I find it strange that a B6 can't have the auto lights?? or auto wipers? are you sure about this?

Thanks for your help with the part number, i think i'll get the mirror anyways as it's only £45 delivered and then i can get some serious google digging and research done to try and find out a definative yes or no with regards to B6 fitment.

Could you supply me a part number for the light switch with the auto function on it as i don't have etka

Cheers again

Graeme

..............I find it strange that a B6 can't have the auto lights?? or auto wipers? are you sure about this?

Read post again - B6 auto lights yes, B6 auto wipers no!

PM me your email - have a pdf guide I downloaded some time ago with all part numbers and retrofitting guide etc. for what you want to do.

aah, it all makes sense now lol, sorry about that!:blush: