Another windscreen replacement question

Schizophonic

Reaction score
Hi, long story short CarAudioSecurity were working on my car and managed to crack the winsdcreen.

My car is 2013 and I want it to be OEM like for like replacement. CarAudioSecurity has admitted liability to the damage and say they will reimburse the cost of the replacement windscreen through my car insurance.

I have a couple of questions after doing a search on people's experiences.

My car insurance is AdrianFlux, has anyone gone through the process before and how was it for you?
I'm going away this weekend but would like to make the call today or tomorrow to check what my insurance or car policy states. My main concern (which I have read on the forum) is people not getting like for like windscreen so any advice how I would approach the matter?
I have a dash cam fitted and the mount sticky pad will need replacing so I'll be notifying caraudiosecurity for them to cover the cost.

Attachments

• IMG_20170917_084549.jpg
    IMG_20170917_084549.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 131
Sorry to hear about this .
Why are the company not getting a windscreen company/ Audi to replace the window and pay for it ? and if you claim off your insurance how do you know they will pay ?
and will it affect your renewal ?

Why are the company not getting a windscreen company/ Audi to replace the window and pay for it ? and if you claim off your insurance how do you know they will pay ?

The audio shop is based in london and I'm based in Northampton, I needed the car back after their quoted time to work on it. It is annoying and I want it all done by them solely but I feel it wont be the standard I want it be.

This is the quote from my insurance

If the windscreen or any window glass in the car is damaged during the period of insurance we will pay the cost of repairing or replacing it. We will also pay for any repair to the bodywork that has been damaged by broken glass from the windscreen or windows. If you phone the Ageas Insurance Glassline (see page 4) and use one of our chosen glass companies, cover is unlimited. If you do not, the most we will pay under this section is £100 after taking off any excess. A claim under this section only will not affect your no claim discount.

They will pay because I spoke to the duty manager and he assured me his word and kept my details on file.

I'd be expecting them to pay for it from the start, that is why they have third party liability insurance. They just get autoglass to come out and they pay the bill...it doesn't have to be left with them! Why should you go through your insurance when they can go through theirs?

This.

Forget your insurance - why should you claim? It's up to them to pay in full for an OEM replacement to return the car back to original condition.

Make sure you've got written admission of liability and then demand this or start a small claims action.