Help Please Another Wheel Fitment Thread... Audi B8 (2010) A4 Avant - 9Jx19H2 ET 24

GjrBartlett

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

Apologies, I've searched the internet but can't find a definitive answer, will the following alloys fit my B8 A4 (2010) Avant without any rubbing issues etc, I'm currently running 10mm Front & 15mm Rear Spacers.

The alloys are 9J x 19H2 ET24.

Finally, whats the ideal width of tyres required for the above? 235? 245? 255?

Your help is much appreciated.

Normally "willtheyfit/101tires" and others all give a good guide but none can take into account actual tyre quirks like bold tyre shoulders that you can get with Goodyear, Michelin, and so forth. On 9 inch rims, you want a 255/35 tyre, or you'll get stretch which some like, and the rolling diameter will be out "slightly". You may have lose the spacers in order to accommodate the ET24 rim, but that's perhaps why you want that offset?

Reactions: GjrBartlett
Cheers mate for that, just had a quick look.

Got these results...

'Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 10.3mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 35.7mm more than before'.

35.7mm?! Guess i could get rid of the spacers then? Their not flush with the arches at present, but is it likely that i'd need to look at getting the arches rolled to accommodate these?

Did you start the calculation including your current spacer width? That way you can determine what the actual 'poke' will be compared to what you are currently running.

Did you start the calculation including your current spacer width? That way you can determine what the actual 'poke' will be compared to what you are currently running.

Good point & the answer is no, the website above didn't't give me any option for adding any spacer value.

Excuse my ignorance if i missed something basic.

I think 35mm 'poke' is a tad too far on the front. I have ET26 on 8" OEM rims on my Allroad, with 15mm spacers it runs almost flush based upon the broad Michelin tyre shoulder; and the Allroad has a slightly extended arch design.

Good point & the answer is no, the website above didn't't give me any option for adding any spacer value.

Excuse my ignorance if i missed something basic.
I think the way to factor it in is to subtract the spacer width from the existing wheel’s ET value.

Reactions: RS5 JON
I think the way to factor it in is to subtract the spacer width from the existing wheel’s ET value.

Arrr, spot on, just tried that, I'd be looking at an additional 25mm front & 20mm poke rear, I guess I'd probably be looking at getting the arches rolled then to accommodate? Is that expensive?

I've got 9.5 with et 40 front and et 35 rear. I wouldn't go any further than this as it sticks out too much and will hit your calipers if you go for concave design.

I used the wheel calculator online so if you compare to mine you will get an idea of clearance. I'm running the 255 with a bit of stretch until they need replacing and I'll go wider tyres.
fc95fa71b56973701fb57d598d4eb823.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Starting to worry these aren't going to fit?
Would rolling the arches solve the problem & does anyone know what this is likely to set me back?

Starting to worry these aren't going to fit?
Would rolling the arches solve the problem & does anyone know what this is likely to set me back?
If you are not lowered they will be fine just will poke outside of the arch from the side a bit. You have more clearence in the back than the front that's why I went staggered offset more aggressively in the rear.

From comparing to mine yours will poke out approx 10mm more compared to my fronts and approx 4mm more than my rears.

Have you bought the alloys already? The offset is really aggressive and depending on the design may or may not clear the calipers.

Have you tried mounting one up without a tyre? That would clear it all up mate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think your way too aggressive with your offset at them specs and I would say buy some wheels that fit your car rather than making your car fit the wheels.

They will stand out a mile off as fitting badly. Even though you probably won’t hit your arches 99.9% of the time, if you hit a dip in the road at speed or a bump/hole while turning you could cause serious damage to your arches.

There isn’t much to roll on these cars, there is a screw on the front arch liner that is the first thing you’ll hit up front and a nub on the rear 1/4 panel where it meets the rear bumper that is the first point of contact at the back.

I think your way too aggressive with your offset at them specs and I would say buy some wheels that fit your car rather than making your car fit the wheels.

They will stand out a mile off as fitting badly. Even though you probably won’t hit your arches 99.9% of the time, if you hit a dip in the road at speed or a bump/hole while turning you could cause serious damage to your arches.

There isn’t much to roll on these cars, there is a screw on the front arch liner that is the first thing you’ll hit up front and a nub on the rear 1/4 panel where it meets the rear bumper that is the first point of contact at the back.

Cheers for the reply, bought them a few months back on here, didn't do enough research first though... :sleepy:

I guess they'll be going back up for sale! Back in the classifieds tomorrow looking to get back what i paid....

I'll keep a look out for these, as the offset would suit mine :thumbs up:

Up for sale in the classifieds folks, pm mr for further details & pics.