Another Whats mine worth

APL TDi

Reaction score
Im looking to sell my 2004 2.0TDi 3dr sport with 80k on the clock.

Its Lava grey (fully detailed on a monthly basis) with full Audi history, new turbo and cam belt by audi. Very straight body, good tyres and Bose sound system.

Gonna put mine on autotrader for £7,200. Do you recon this is too high?
I can only find one with the same sort of milage for less, but it says nothing about the turbo or cam belt....

Any advice would be much apriciated.

Cheers

A!

What do you recon?

£7,200 a fair price?

Autotrader is the best bet to find similar examples to yours. l do believe they have a utilities section in there as well.

Enough of the patronising , but seriously this is not really a sellers market at present. ie Golf GTI ED30 17500 for £9000.

Good luck anyways.

Autotrader is the best bet to find similar examples to yours. l do believe they have a utilities section in there as well.

Enough of the patronising , but seriously this is not really a sellers market at present. ie Golf GTI ED30 17500 for £9000.

Good luck anyways.

Agreed, I know its a bit cut throat atm. Diesels seem to be holding their money better than petrols tho.

The ED30 is probably a scam TBH, either that or DIBBS! Looks nice, but also looks too good to be true?

apl we are in bad position:( im thinking to put mine on sale as well but when i hear what it could be worth it makes me scared...

How come your selling mate?

I am just going to put mine up for a price I am comfortable with and go from there. If it does not sell it is not the end of the world, it just means I will have to hold on for longer before getting a new car.

It will be a few weeks before I put it on trader tho, might bung it up on ebay this weekend and see if I get any interest.

dont listen that s**t apl. just ignore it:) im thinking to get a4 tdi and to some tunning on it. 4 doors is more useful. just seen pics of Rocko's(one of forum members) car and looks ****** good i want the same one:)

People like you really are ruining this forum.

Lucky you're on your way out then, no longer to be bothered to the point of explosion anymore.

Some of your past posts made an interesting read, particularly the ones against FSIs. :detective2:
(Which I see from above you still like to mention).

:lmfao:Hahhahaa, get a bit hot under the collar when it's coming back at you, don't you son!? :sob:

Lucky you're on your way out then, no longer to be bothered to the point of explosion anymore.

Some of your past posts made an interesting read, particularly the ones against FSIs. :detective2:
(Which I see from above you still like to mention).

:lmfao:Hahhahaa, get a bit hot under the collar when it's coming back at you, don't you son!? :sob:

Oh do come on. All I wanted was a decent conversation about car prices and a reflection on the price of my A3. I got a load of crap, and I reacted to said crap with the contempt it deserved. I only said about the 2.0fsi as I gathered that is what he drives. It was him slating my car not the other way around. I guess I just cant win :wacko:

I should not get so wound up I suppose.

Any chance of getting back on topic?

l went to an Alpha Romero dealership last time home and spoke to the salesman. l had a look at a prodrive brera, very nice inside, not enough ommph. We got on the topic of residuals. He had an A6 and was saying that his motor had dropped by a grand a month for the past 8 months. He said ' it would fear you if l told you what yours is worth'. l said l bet but no thanks. Yeap, deffo a buyers market.

Thats very true, which strangly is why I am looking to sell! lol!

I want to take advantage of the buyers market on a more expensive car. I would have to get atleast £6,800 for mine tho to clear the personal loan I took out to buy it.

I am looking to do a PCP deal next I think, its much safer than buying outright and all you end up paying for is the depreciation of the car.

I've lost track on UK values now - they seem to be pretty much in free fall though. You can get some amazing stuff for less than 2k :ohmy:

7k sounds like a fair price for that but I wouldn't like to guess how long it would take to sell-having said that you only need 1 of the right buyer to come along! :thumbsup:

I'm really bored of the A3 now, unfortunately. Wifey really likes it though so she can have it when I have the dosh for something else. It's a good car, but it doesn't make me :yahoo:

Your vehicle has a trade in value of £6550. This value does not take into account any mods or optional extras. Selling it @ £7200 seems very reasonable.

sorry im not much help but FWIW ive traded in my A3 2.0TDI SPORT 140 55Plate and got 10.5k against a 15k A3 - the lowest quote i had was 8.5k so your estimate of yours probably aint far off
are you trading in or selling private?

Let's keep on topic and answer the question from the OP please guys.

I'm all for a bit of fun here and there, but less of the winding up of other members.

Cheers.

Joe

I've lost track on UK values now - they seem to be pretty much in free fall though. You can get some amazing stuff for less than 2k :ohmy:

7k sounds like a fair price for that but I wouldn't like to guess how long it would take to sell-having said that you only need 1 of the right buyer to come along! :thumbsup:

I'm really bored of the A3 now, unfortunately. Wifey really likes it though so she can have it when I have the dosh for something else. It's a good car, but it doesn't make me :yahoo:

Too true about the free fall on prices. Part of the reason why I want to sell and do a pcp deal. It has been in free fall for over a year now tho. I got stung last year when I sold my celica for 1k less than what I paid for it six months previous.

Your vehicle has a trade in value of £6550. This value does not take into account any mods or optional extras. Selling it @ £7200 seems very reasonable.

Thanks, thats really good to hear. I am allways worried I am going to put a car up for too much and look like a nob, or not ask enough and miss out.

sorry im not much help but FWIW ive traded in my A3 2.0TDI SPORT 140 55Plate and got 10.5k against a 15k A3 - the lowest quote i had was 8.5k so your estimate of yours probably aint far off
are you trading in or selling private?

10.5k seems VERRY good! Well done! I am selling mine private as I need to clear the car loan I took out to pay for it. Financing a depreciating asset is not big or clever it turns out!

Let's keep on topic and answer the question from the OP please guys.

I'm all for a bit of fun here and there, but less of the winding up of other members.

Cheers.

Joe

Thanks Joe! I am sorry if i got a bit:sob:

Bit overpriced I'm afraid according to Glasses

Nearest mileage available 80,000
Price when new £18,520

Retail value
Garage/retailer's selling price £8,095

Trade-in values
Clean Condition £6,425
Average Condition £5,825
Below Average Condition £5,225

Trouble is now days Glases, parkers, what car and all the others dont really count for much. I used to use glases when buying cars, but all dealers I speak to say its meaningless atm.....?

Trouble is now days Glases, parkers, what car and all the others dont really count for much. I used to use glases when buying cars, but all dealers I speak to say its meaningless atm.....?

So true! I know Northampton Audi use Cap valuations which is what the value i gave you is based on so if you were doing a trade in you would definitely get that price.