Another 'what's it worth' thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Ok chaps, time for me to go, I've decided to get rid in favour of a 3.0tdi A6 avant - this will serve several purposes, the first of which will be me growing up!! the avant will obviously have space for my two large dogs, instead of me having to put the S3's seats down constantly, the mpg will obviously be a little better.....and i get 10k left over to pay off my mortgage (or trade cars as it seems I now have an option to do this through a dealer friend).

So all things considered it looks on paper to be a good option!! although i reluctantly haven't taken the plate off it yet, this signifies too much closure :)

Anyway, my car is MY2009 3 door S3 with 16k on the clock.....refinements are as per all facelifts, heated seats, MFFBSW etc etc. Options include

2010 sat nav
tyre pressure monitor system
interior light pack
Auto lights/wipers
Auto dimming rear view
Bose
Rear parking sensors
Bluetooth
Ipod doc
Luggage pack
GSM phone prep
ISOFIX
Ambient Lighting

I am thinking of going for 21k looking at the current market, Im in no rush to sell and can happily wait - looking at the Audi website the cheapest your looking for an 09 plate of similar spec is 23-24.... basic S3's are fetching 20-22k on autotrader with no options.

The car has also had two recent tyres (Rosso's) for what its worth (saleability) and has manufacturer warranty until March 2012.

Any thoughts chaps/chappesses

Tim

cheers mate...... really sorry to sell it :( just makes so much sense all things considered.

seems a shame to sell up after all that has gone into this car but like you said its all for a bigger picture!
3.0TDI A6 Avant sounds tasty though! love the way they sit

Nope, think I'm having Nigel's at some point.

Ah yeah i rem him saying...... well best of luck with it dude, if ya need owt gimi a shout

seems a shame to sell up after all that has gone into this car but like you said its all for a bigger picture!
3.0TDI A6 Avant sounds tasty though! love the way they sit

Yeah I know mate, I am really reluctant to sell but it just makes so much sense, not to mention the depreciation saving!! although i expect the A6 to still be diving :) bring on the 4 in a car ski trips ;)

So soon Tim. Good luck with the sale mate. 3.0tdi remap options lol??

yes mate, I absolutely love the thing but it just doesn't make sense to keep it - first thing that prompted it was that i was going to be doing a lot more miles, this now wont happen but sent me on the path of the positives of selling it.....

Took it to Audi Sheffield and they offered me CAP @ 18k, i laughed at the bloke and said 'you know I could put it up at 20k and get that easily' and he just nodded and smiled, clearly a sales manager who wanted something for nothing :) I know they have to prep them etc etc but i also know that it would have gone up around 23k on the forecourt so they can feck orf, ill hold out and enjoy her a little more :) still haven't brought myself to take the plate off :(

Status
Not open for further replies.