ANOTHER "what`s this S3 worth" thread.....

PaulAr

S3 (8P)
Reaction score
Sprint S3.
34K Miles
FASH
57 Plate

RNSE
FBMFSW
Sunroof
Cruise
Auto Lights
Auto Wipers
Ambient Lights
Auto dim mirrors
Elec Folding Mirrors/heated
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Adaptive Zenons
Rear Through Load
Non Smoking pack
Factory Rear tints
Armrest + Phone prep
Bose
BlueTooth

Errrr... think thats it, bought the car 4 months old from Fontain so not sure exactly whats optional and what standard, of course it has leather etc....
FWIW it took months to find one in this spec/colour at the right price!

Extra bits..

Genuine BBS CH
REVO Stage 1
H&Rs

Should I advertise it `as is` and offer to return to standard?
Or return to standard and sell as standard from the outset?

The car looks and drives MUCH better with the wheels/rims/REVO as you would imagine.

I advertised my Golf as REVO Stage 1 and sold it no problem so not sure on that front.

Not even sure whether to sell or not, but plan to visit a few garages and look at dirty dervs and see whats about.
Its either chop the missus runabout in for a cheap derv and keep the S3, or sell the S3 and get a posh derv.

Condition is what you expect from an enthusiast owner, superb.
Oh, and its had the ****** OEM clutch replaced with the later OEM version 3K miles ago at AUDI.

Appreciate any input gents.:thumbsup:

cheers
Paul

Last edited:
why sell after only 4 months? car sounds spot on

:blush: my mistake!

sure it will sell quick. what you moving on to?

Last edited:
Which ever way you go Paul, dont under sell it. I looked for ages for a good spec S3 and gave up in the end. The vast majority are grossly under spec.d..even cruise is a rarity in a S3. I would go so far as to say that is the best spec S3 i have seen.
Good luck either way mate :)

Which ever way you go Paul, dont under sell it. I looked for ages for a good spec S3 and gave up in the end. The vast majority are grossly under spec.d..even cruise is a rarity in a S3. I would go so far as to say that is the best spec S3 i have seen.
Good luck either way mate :)

Cheers matey, yeah, not many with all the nice bits. Sunroofs seem to be like hens teeth on these things.
Thats what makes getting a daily derv with somewhere near the same spec if difficult and expensive.

Might give it a whirl on PH and if I can get a decent price then let it go.
Kind of hope I dont as Im looking for an excuse to keep it!

Paul

:blush: my mistake!

sure it will sell quick. what you moving on to?

Not sure yet.
Derv wise Im looking everything from cheap Astras/Focus`, to leggy 320d`s, to lightly used A4 20Tds.

If I stay at the cheaper end then at least I get to half a blast in the S3 when the mood takes, at least for the next 12months or so.

S3 prices seem to have settled out a bit so maybe the timing is good to sell?

cheers
Paul

shame its a 3 door, as i'd put a bid in. good luck with the sale :thumbsup:

Keeping two cars dosnt work well. I had a full race MGB on the road. just brilliant fun so i kept it after i bought the pug 406 coupe for fun at weekends ...
But fact was you always tend to take the best car out and the other just becomes a expensive bit of garden furniture. when its time to move on make a clean brake :)

Keeping two cars dosnt work well. I had a full race MGB on the road. just brilliant fun so i kept it after i bought the pug 406 coupe for fun at weekends ...
But fact was you always tend to take the best car out and the other just becomes a expensive bit of garden furniture. when its time to move on make a clean brake :)

We already have 2 cars, the missus car would be sacrificed for a derv and the S3 would become her runner to and from work. Whether I could stand back and watch it be ruined is another thing....

Im astonished how expensive A4 dervs are, WTF!

30K only gets you a lightly used 20TDi! no 30Tdi `s at that price.
In fact top spec A3 dervs are the best part of 30K! Lunacy!

Although I think the A4s are a better looking car than the 3series and the cabin is another league, the 3 series price for price equivelent seems to get you better performnace and economy.

Paul

Be aware there are 2x 3.0 ltr A4 engines as well. one is cheap tax and the other is over 225g co/2
If you can live without 4wd then the 2.7 A5 is better value.

Tbh Paul i'd keep the S3, thats a great spec and will be very hard to replace. If you are adamant on selling, sell as it is, REVO etc included as you will get your hand snapped off with those extras, they have enhanced not detracted.

The Beamas have good diesel engines but have you considered the 3.0 derv over the 2.0?? Its a good engine with plenty of punch. But for the Audis lol dig deep in your pockets for a good one with a spec half as good as your s3!! Good luck with what you choose.....

Be aware there are 2x 3.0 ltr A4 engines as well. one is cheap tax and the other is over 225g co/2
If you can live without 4wd then the 2.7 A5 is better value.

Interesting point on the 2.7, I would want 4 drs on a big car so have ruled out the A5, but ther is an Aruba blue 2.7Td A4 at Newcastle AUDI and its much cheaper than the 30Tds.....mmmm

but ther is an Aruba blue 2.7Td A4 at Newcastle AUDI and its much cheaper than the 30Tds.....mmmm

There is a reason 2.7 is cheaper than 3.0Tdi Quattro on A4 and A5 ... drive both to find out !!! ;-0...

The A5 Coupe although 2 door is very practical and holds it value very well. way better than A4 and you would have a stylish less common car to drive..

There is a reason 2.7 is cheaper than 3.0Tdi Quattro on A4 and A5 ... drive both to find out !!! ;-0...

The A5 Coupe although 2 door is very practical and holds it value very well. way better than A4 and you would have a stylish less common car to drive..

The A5 is lovely thing, and Ive driven a 30Tdi version which was mighty impressive.

But the 4 doors of an A4 is more attractive for a number of reasons. I also think the latest A4 in the right spec looks as nice as an A5.
I was a bit dissappointed with the rear space in the A5 too, felt a bit mean for the size of car, but then again, it is a coupe and serves a different purpose to the A5.

Paul

So....

Any ideas on value for the S3 then?

What would be a sensible starting price on PH as a private sale?

Cheers
Paul

Top man, cheers.

Reckon I might might start it at the same price then.

Mine has slightly lower miles but KRL has buckets so Im not far off.

TBH if some one stuck 17K in my mit I would probably take it for minimum hassle factor. BBS Chs would be included, in fact Im just about to refurb them.

If its just mompadites that enquire then maybe I will keep it...who knows.

Kind of testament to the car really, usually I cant wait to punt my cars on after 18months but after 3 yrs I still dont want to get rid of the overpriced, understeery, thirsty, boring, posh Golf!!

Paul

Last edited:
Sell for 17k buy a 3.2 and put 10k in ya pocket. plus you can mix with a better class of people and get admiring looks from S3 owners :cool:

Sell for 17k buy a 3.2 and put 10k in ya pocket. plus you can mix with a better class of people and get admiring looks from S3 owners :cool:

I would need to spend 1K on crack for your plan to `appear` to work.....:laugh:

There ya go then..thats even better :)

:laugh:

Been to AUDI to look at PCPs on a new A4 170 Black Edition. Didnt get into heavy negotions however the interest rates were pretty good and they offer 2.7K discount off the list price as a PCP Deposit contribution. But more surprisingly they reckon they buy in S3s in the trade similar to mine for 16K so would give me the same in p/x no problem.

Makes 17K quite cheap for a private sale then !:crying:

cheers
Paul

i advertised my car on ph last month and had about 30 guys ring with various offers some cash some p/x .
then last week i done a 600 mile round trip on business and fell in love with the s3 all over again so i cant let it go just yet. forgot just how much fun it was blasting aroung the uk . as the cost of fuel is going mental i will keep the s3 for weekends and use the wifes mrk 5 golf 4motion for anything else .
good luck with your sale !

:laugh:

Been to AUDI to look at PCPs on a new A4 170 Black Edition. Didnt get into heavy negotions however the interest rates were pretty good and they offer 2.7K discount off the list price as a PCP Deposit contribution. But more surprisingly they reckon they buy in S3s in the trade similar to mine for 16K so would give me the same in p/x no problem.

Makes 17K quite cheap for a private sale then !:crying:

cheers
Paul

Mate ! they are not giving you a £2.7k discount, they are just giving you £16k insted of the £18.7k your car is worth.

Vehicle View - Audi S3 2.0 T FSI quattro 265 PS - Aylesbury

Last edited:
Mate ! they are not giving you a £2.7k discount, they are just giving you £16k insted of the £18.7k your car is worth.

Vehicle View - Audi S3 2.0 T FSI quattro 265 PS - Aylesbury

Yeah, there was lots of negotition to be done but I needed a starting point for comparison.
Anyhoo, looking at 320ds now, BMW publish amazing mpg/bhp figures for the latest gen engines. Tempted to try one for 1 months....and hope I dont regret it

Yeah, there was lots of negotition to be done but I needed a starting point for comparison.
Anyhoo, looking at 320ds now, BMW publish amazing mpg/bhp figures for the latest gen engines. Tempted to try one for 1 months....and hope I dont regret it

My 4x4 plan went out of the window and I have just put down a deposit today on a 320d coupe Paul. Took it for a test drive and no it ain't no S3 but I drove it how it was supposed to driven..Slow and lane hogging and can admit the engine is abit of a gem for a derv. Plus it does 53.3mpg.

mate!!! nooooooo lol
they are meant to be smooth cars tho, map it get more power and better mpg at least!

Don't remind meee! lol!!!

Interior is no match on the audi. Although it is very smooth indeed and very good looking the one I have bought. Trust me! Lol no mapping for this car I'm done with speed mate haha.

And more mpg?! WTF! I'm trying to help Paul get about daily not drive to the moon! haha.

Paul, having just spent 6 months looking for one I'd say going in at 17k would be selling yourself short. Those that are on the market at that price are absolute dogs when you view them or the paperwork is a let down, take it from me I have seen a few.

I would pitch no less than it at £18990 and if you have a good/informative advert with everything in order you may not get too far short of this.

haha its a derv mate wont be real speed... will just smooth stuff along ;) help with overtaking and all lol

Paul, having just spent 6 months looking for one I'd say going in at 17k would be selling yourself short. Those that are on the market at that price are absolute dogs when you view them or the paperwork is a let down, take it from me I have seen a few.

I would pitch no less than it at £18990 and if you have a good/informative advert with everything in order you may not get too far short of this.

Really helpful post mate, much appreciated. Im out of touch with the used market so thats very useful info. Pretty much what Paddy said too so pretty reassuring.

I had planned a wheel refurb, paint detail etc... but I reckon a good clean and sell as it is, punters will want a discount so they we can negotiated around that work being done, or not I suppose.The wheels are fine actyally, just 2 have a bit of kerb rash but nothing that spoils the look of the car.

The detailer that came to look at the car also said the paint was in remarkably good condition and checked it with his DFT gadget confirming it was nice and even all over the car. Surprisingly so he reckons for a car that is over 3 old and never had an professional work.

Cheers
Paul

My 4x4 plan went out of the window and I have just put down a deposit today on a 320d coupe Paul. Took it for a test drive and no it ain't no S3 but I drove it how it was supposed to driven..Slow and lane hogging and can admit the engine is abit of a gem for a derv. Plus it does 53.3mpg.

Looking at 320d M Sports with Businness pack, hide etc. I will be doing min 20K miles per year so trying derv for a year and see how things go. Plan is to flatten any finace in 12 months so if I cant live with BMW derv ownership then I can `re-evaluate` things:eyebrows:

cheers for the input gents

Paul

Paul, the pics in the Add dont seem to be working just to let you know...

Ryan

Thanks.

Been having trouble uploading, computer has been crashing.

Will have another go.

Cheers
Paul

Thanks.

Been having trouble uploading, computer has been crashing.

Will have another go.

Cheers
Paul

i know a lot of poeple struggle with the classifieds... maybe just link your PH ad! i know you need telling what to do lol!

good luck with the sale too!

i know a lot of poeple struggle with the classifieds...

F*** me we struggle with the classifieds so that says something,post the pics on here Paul