1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another technology question

gforrow May 14, 2018

1. gforrow

gforrow Member

i have looked through as much as I can, but still can’t get it to work.

Basically trying to connect my wife’s phone and myAudi app to the car. The car has tech pack, so is fully connected, and it all works. Finally got the PIN number from the app into the car, but now says she needs to buy a data plan?? I thought this was included with the car.

We aren’t interested in a WiFi hotspot particularly, just want to connect the app, as she can then check on the car, and also send destinations to it. Nothing in the app works currently, it just defaults to buying a data plan.

I don’t think she needs to? Am I Wrong? What else can we check? Any clues?

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Daggerit

Daggerit Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

If it's more than three months old then have a look in the MMI at your data plan as mine was due to run out after that period until I called Audi and got them to extend it for the 36 months it was supposed to be.

Other than that I'd just advise the usual IT style 'off and back on' by deleting your myAudi account and online stuff from the car and starting from scratch. I had to do that when I first got my car as it wouldn't connect, possibly because I created the account before taking delivery of the car.

4. gforrow

gforrow Member

Car is two months old, but we have never been able to get it to work. The car also reports that there is no data plan. Maybe a call to Audi, not the garage either they are generally useless.

Will also try the delete and start again trick, maybe at the weekend.

Thanks

Daggerit likes this.
  5. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Sometimes disabling then enabling the data connection works too.