Another stupid question n75 help

Audi_A31.8T

Reaction score
Ok so been having these engine problems for ages every 1 saying misfire but I wasn't convinced up I can here the turbo spool and build boost but then it just backs off and judders pops etc
i checked all the pipes yesterday and cleaned up all the wiring to the coils
this morning still the same so thought I'd try unplug the n75 the car ran smoother would rev all the way to red line and no pops just didn't feel as powerful what harm will this do running without it plugged in an what can I do besides replacing it to give me full boost?

it will be fine running unplugged but to get your boost back you need to fix your car... its playing up for a reason. .. looking for a way around the issue will do more harm than good...

<tuffty/>

I think it's the n75 valve that's at fault I've heard you can adjust this via a screw? Or could I use a boost controller and not use the n75?

I think it's the n75 valve that's at fault I've heard you can adjust this via a screw? Or could I use a boost controller and not use the n75?

Don't adjust the n75 with a screw and there is no need for a boost controller... honestly mate, if you are struggling to find an issue that you are having and to be fair there is only so much a forum can help you with then take it to someone that can look it over as someone who knows these cars inside out may actually just take one look at the car and diagnose the issue in 5 minutes...

As you are in Wales I would suggest Bill @ Badger 5... just off J13 of the M5... an hour on the dyno would probably get to the bottom of the issues you are having...

The reason the car runs smoother is there is less boost... less boost will mean its less taxing on the engine and therefore less taxing on the component causing the issue which may now just be masked by the fact you are running less boost...

The car needs logging to begin to diagnose the issues now, better off doing that than throwing money at bits you think it is...

N75 issues normally manifest as not working full stop (no boost) or over boosting (typically spiking)... boost spikes can cause misfires if they are big enough or the map isn't expecting it...

<tuffty/>