Another stolen RS3

Dodgygtr

Reaction score
Friend of a friends RS3 was stolen from Blackpool area over the weekend.
Thankfully it had a tracker fitted and was found in Liverpool on different plates.
No damages except drilled out locks.

Time for some more security

Reactions: MarkLand and AudiNutta
I was in Blackpool myself at the weekend also with mines, even if it was in a secure car park I still put my disc lock on as you never no what scum are lurking about.
Glad they found it and the main and most important thing, the owner or any family or friends of his got hurt or approached when it was being stolen.

You find a car to take, drill out the locks, but how easy is it to stop the alarm from advertising what you have done AND how easy to actually start it? I would have thought pretty hard...

Fit Autowatch Ghost....

You can drill out the locks till the cows come home.......but it will not start.

Reactions: AB RS3, AudiNutta, Terminator x and 2 others
It’s a friend of a friend so I’ve no idea on spec but cctv footage shows them breaking in the pushing car down road before starting. I’ve not seen the footage personally but even with ghostalarm on damage would still be done disclock is the best visual deterrent if Car left outside.
Most new cars seem to be easy to start as soon as you plug into obd port.

I was in Blackpool myself at the weekend also with mines, even if it was in a secure car park I still put my disc lock on as you never no what scum are lurking about.
Glad they found it and the main and most important thing, the owner or any family or friends of his got hurt or approached when it was being stolen.
Taken from outside his home which isn’t far from minebut mines never parked outside or left outside.

It’s a friend of a friend so I’ve no idea on spec but cctv footage shows them breaking in the pushing car down road before starting. I’ve not seen the footage personally but even with ghostalarm on damage would still be done disclock is the best visual deterrent if Car left outside.
Most new cars seem to be easy to start as soon as you plug into obd port.

Hmm... I’m pretty sure you can’t push a DSG car whilst it’s in Park? They must have stolen the keys, especially if they moved it away from the house before starting (i.e. outside of ‘repeater’ range).

But then why drill the locks? It doesn’t make sense