Another steering wheel question.

PostieStew

Reaction score
I’ve been reading up on upgrading my steering and have found a few old posts but I’m more confused than ever. So I’m asking you kind lot for some pointers, part numbers etc.
I currently have a b8 2009 with the steering wheel with the square ish airbag with mode and voice buttons and would like something like a more modern one with the round airbag and full circle wheel or flat bottom.
If I got the newer wheel can I swap over buttons from my old wheel?
Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve been reading up on upgrading my steering and have found a few old posts but I’m more confused than ever. So I’m asking you kind lot for some pointers, part numbers etc.
I currently have a b8 2009 with the steering wheel with the square ish airbag with mode and voice buttons and would like something like a more modern one with the round airbag and full circle wheel or flat bottom.
If I got the newer wheel can I swap over buttons from my old wheel?
Any help would be appreciated.
Hi Stew, I have done a lot of reading up on steering wheel upgrades during lockdown and just decided in the end that it isn't worth it. It seems like the B8.5 wheels with round airbags are plug and play so to speak but no guarantee that the airbag will function correctly. I think the square airbag is single stage whereas the round ones are dual stage (might be other way round?).
For me it wasn't worth the hassle and the potential for the airbag to not work, rather be safe than sorry!
Cheers

I was in the same boat, as wanted an upgrade and more modern look but safety took over.

Had my wheel retrimmed+made flat bottom and am happy as ever

Perforated Black leather at the top and sides of the wheel with Charcoal Alcantara on the flat bottom. All thicken up a bit and with better thumb grips, finished in Red cross stitching.

Replacement took me less than 20min.
Will find my thread and post a link here.

Had a gear gator also done, to match the steering wheel.
Compliments of Royal Steering Wheels
0d051e979e91a2ffca7e9d0f74dff0c8.jpg

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: Nitro_CR
That does look good to be fair.
Never thought it would be so confusing
Amy I right in thinking the mk2 TT is p,ug and play?

Reactions: KrisKrk