Another splitter post

Johnny - I bought their side skirt extensions, I have not fitted them yet purely because I just haven't had the chance.

They were grand to deal with, good communication by email but they didn't hold the extensions in stock so I had to wait 2-3 weeks for them to be made.

I have the Rieger Tuning splitter on my PFL S3 which I think is the best one on the market. It is subtle and well made however, I probably wish I went for the gloss finish. My S3 is black styling/black edition and I thought the matt look would tie in better with the non black trim on the grills - however it still looks good imo.

The finish difference between Maxton and Rieger is totally different which concerns me, however, I will get them installed and see how it looks on the car.

Don't know if you can see the splitter much in this pic but just shows its subtlety

1679 large default

Reactions: jungle650
I've got their splitter on mine - decent quality, good fit and prompt delivery.

Reactions: S3 Johnny
I’ve ordered one today. I’ll update with a review after it’s on

Have your got this on yet? Interested in getting one myself so keen to hear about your experience :)

Just to put my 2 pennies worth in.....

For PFL cars...

I have the Rieger splitter just like @Boydie. I fitted it the other week with ease. I was very sceptical and nervous about doing it on my own, but I have to say it was a breeze.

In typical Germanic fashion, the holes were pre- drilled in exactly the right place (zero issues hitting any pipes/ water botttles or electrical cables etc) and it came with all of the necessary parts to fit. No messing about and perfect alignment, so a great fit and finish.

Easy job with 2 pairs of hands, but very doable on your own with the Rieger splitter.

As per below...

51DA5316 E0FE 481C 91FA 5A7590FB8498

Lined up then taped fully into place ready to apply the supplied rivets. You use the pre-drilled holes to make a small hole into the underneath of the car / valance to pass the rivet theough and into. Makes for a stronger hold than tape or screws. Granted not as swiftly removed for future resale but can be drilled out with relative ease if required. Just 5 min longer job to remove, but way quicker to install with a rivet gun. Especially if doing so on your own! ... boxes placed to help hold the splitter for alignment, pre taping into place! Those of you with eagle eyes will spot car was held up by 2 jacks and a pair of axle stands... it wasnt going anywhere! Which was just as well when a leaflet dropper popped by and walked straight into one of the jacks... honestly some people!

E0ABF53A 5A82 4686 A8C1 06C69BFB073D

Undertray removed, but I only did this so that I could have more visibility with what I was drilling into and I wasnt sure if I was going to rivet or screw into place. The Rieger I have no doubt could be fitted without removing the undertray.

20511C58 8783 4409 8D6B 289A81921349

Once all taped up and happy with placement... First couple of rivets put in place either side to hold it up and away you go working your way around. Removing tape as you work around to the front. Do not forget to remove the protective film on the splitter !!!!

64D83049 5157 4132 B644 1D6A85A8277A

Couple of strategically placed boxes to help hold it in place as I taped it up and worked my way around with the rivet gun.

83558C82 8FA8 4851 9565 F5510F3EAAC7

Before ... after side pics

E1513C63 F5F2 4A4C 9170 B92C9E6AC229

Before ....after front pics...

804B2EA9 1339 4E0E AE44 4AC3D7A689AC

Side view ... full length... very subtle.

A1CBFB63 4FF2 43E7 8E9F 534AB1B828DF

Close up..

D88D6CC9 9CAF 4985 BCEF B11B3ED2698A

Just like @Boydie I love my Rieger splitter. Mine is gloss black, but you can get Matt black. Its subtle, looks very OEM and finishes the look off nicely at the front.

All for a very reasonable price of circa £200 posted. So not as cheap as the Maxton offering which is £130-£150, but not crazy price either.

Start to finish (including jacking car, placement on vehicle, fitting and tidying up ) less than 2 hours... and that was with a few cups of tea and doing the job on my own.

Jungle

Last edited:
Reactions: oli356, Tej13, azibux1 and 1 other person