Another silver S3…lets see what happens..

future

Scuderia Vittoria Edition 001
Reaction score
Hi,

After being on here for quite a while now i thought i should introduce me/my car properly!

I bought her in 2009 after a long, long period of searching, she had 114k on the clock but the most impeccable service history so wasn't worried about the mileage, this is what she looked like:
PA110056.jpg
[/URL]
PA110059.jpg
[/URL]
PA110060.jpg
[/URL]

At this time i was 18 and at college so not a lot of interest happened, just proper servicing, n249, and pcv pipe replacements.
Then was a trip to JBS with a new maf for a deal they had on at the time; stg1 with a panel filter and 007p, which produced a nice solid 268bhp and 272ft lb..

Then my lovely boss at scuderia vittoria got me a present :arco: custom made H&R race coil overs. Based on the VW motorsport R32 versions, they were custom valved and sprung for the car, which i then put with a set of rstt wheels to have the car looking like this:
FacebookHomescreenImage2.jpg
[/URL]

This is were the first instalment ends as i ******** off to Val D'Isere for a ski season and didn't see the car for 6 months :sob:

Then my lovely boss at scuderia vittoria got me a present :arco:

Are you a racecar driver? :w00t:

That's a great figure to start with for the stage 1 with just a panel filter and 007p added :)

When i finally got my **** back from france a few more bits happened like these:
IMG_0298-1.jpg
[/URL]

and these..
IMG_0401.jpg
[/URL]

which i began to refurb, looked like this half way through..
IMG_0403.jpg
[/URL]

Then putting them on the car..
IMG_0404.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_0578.jpg
[/URL]

Excuse the change of location i can't find the originals :/ at this time i also added my favourite mod to the car:
IMG_0324.jpg
[/URL]
IMG_0326-1.jpg
[/URL]

and wheels back on..
IMG_1499.jpg
[/URL]

These are the larger 17zr/l's, which are fantastic! At the time i tried both the 18s and 17s, but preferred the feel of these.
I then did a quick wrap of the front grills and B pillars in carbon fibre and the addition of a cupra splitter to neaten things up a bit at the front..
IMG_0518.jpg
[/URL]

More to come later :)

thanks for the comments guys :) i couldn't have asked for a better boss at the time! Should never have moved on if I'm honest.. The figures were good but if I'm completely truthful I'm not sure i trust JBS' slightly 'happy' rollers

Reactions: JudderMan
oh and for kwistof.. i may have dabbled in race cars :whistle2:
IMG_2658.jpg
[/URL]

Reactions: Audimaatti, mark_S3 and kwistof
Alright Tom!

I have heard lots about this car so its nice to see some pictures. Very jealous of your brake setup! I want them! :hubbahubba:

I also recognize that tuners garage in Southampton :whistle2:

Looking forward to more pics

Hey Adam,

thank you very much mate! few more updates to come when i get 5 mins..
Well it is the garage of the best tuner in the south, and nothing but the best for my car :beer chug:

No way pictures of Toms car!!!!!

Nice to see some info on a car I know pretty well and am looking forward to seeing it progress into something special.

Thanks for all the comments :) the map is JBS stage 1 will, and cheers rob not long now!!
More to come when I'm home

very nice! not that I'm at all biased having a silver one myself lol Very much liking the front grille without the chrome, I think I may have to be doing that myself..

The grill surround was really easy to wrap if I'm honest, just need to take your time and don't tell the other half you are using her hair dryer!!

Intercooler and a few other bits to update still when I sort my life out a bit

Right then a bit more of an update…
I forgot to mention that when i did the brakes, a polybush kit was also added and the back changed from this:
IMG_0383.jpg
[/URL]

To this…
IMG_0389.jpg
[/URL]

Which just freshens the rear end of the car up no end! It was at this point i believe i met Rob (vrbob) who was an awful influence and a great help, thanks mate! So a few bits were ordered…
IMG_0556.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_0558.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_0560.jpg
[/URL]

This little beauty is a Greddy full race intercooler, same dimensions as a welly cooler but hybrid delta fin design and 63mm in/outlets to keep the pipework standard. The cooler went in a dream and should see me to well beyond my aims for the car, heres a few pics of the install…
IMG_1352.jpg
[/URL]

Mounting brackets installed..
IMG_1360.jpg
[/URL]

Cooler mounted..
IMG_1361.jpg
[/URL]

Pipework on..with a good mug shot of rob!
IMG_1363.jpg
[/URL]

Then bumper on..
IMG_1364.jpg
[/URL]

At this point we had to do some fiddling with washers and spacers to sit the cooler a little lower and get the grills back in, but didn't take long..
This is where I'm going to leave it for a bit, few more additions to come yet! And for adam this is the only photo i can find at the moment that shows the wrapping:
IMG_0586.jpg
[/URL]

Reactions: Adam P
Great taste in parts fella...the brakes and fmic look top notch :)

Am am I correct in thinking this is an APY engine?

ha ha no comment rob :keule:

thanks kwistof! it is indeed an APY and its sad but i spent ages trying to find one without esp :racer:

I got a pic to add as this is how Toms car arrived at mine one weekend lol

IMG 0133

Reactions: sssline
Go on, spill the beans, what's the ferrari connection here? Something you race? Work on?

S3 looks great mate, really looking forward to seeing what direction you take with it :)

ha ha i believe some explanation may be due in the next update about that photo rob :ninja:

The ferrari is a blanc pain endurance car, owned by my old team. I had a test driving seat and stupidly went to university so then had to take a bit of a back seat and worked weekends as an engineer. Few more photos here..
IMG_1680.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_1679.jpg
[/URL]

Reactions: Prawn and kwistof
That is an amazing job !
Realy liking the car,
I love it when somebody does each job to the exact result they want,
On the remap though... Mine went to jbs a few times... their dyno is a little happy,

Thanks prawn, if I'm honest your car has been a massive inspiration in the direction I'm aiming this car for!

Thank you paul, I've never really thought they were accurate, but numbers don't really bother me..much more about how it feels :racer: The plans for this little beauty are fairly large, especially as its not my daily now so don't mind having it off of the road :ninja: Last few updates to come tonight when I'm not at uni...

That's WSR's place down in Sunbury isn't it?
How long ago were you down there?

I worked in the RAC sponsorship team when they ran the BTCC cars for us 5 or 6 years ago. I had a few, (far too many) weekends having a "social" drink with a lot of the lads who ran the 2 cars back then.
Tipper, Steve, Boy band, Lewis and Gaz, just a few of the names I can recall.

yea thats the place, was known as scuderia vittoria when i worked for them though. Ha ha yea 'social drinks' happened a lot!! Team was run by Piers along with chris, gary, pat, aaron and a few others

Right i shall start by explaining myself for the picture that rob posted a little earlier! My car was loving ticking along as normal, without any problems, until i started it one morning and did a 3 point turn to be greeted with a slight squeal from the PAS pump.

So i initially checked the level and it was a little low, so thinking not much of it i popped to Audi to buy a bottle of PAS fluid and dropped 5ml in to fill it up, jobs a goodun! or so i thought…
A week or so later that ****** little whining noise re-appeared, so instead of just filling it up this time i decided to take her home and have a proper look as this couldn't just be an age/use thing. On the 3 mile drive it was fine, until i pulled into my drive and the steering went really stiff! Luckily it coasted onto the drive.
Got my head underneath to see me PAS fluid spewing out from underneath my car…******! :think:

So after a quick consultation on here and a look around i decided a new steering rack was in need, so the search began. Which ended beautifully with my old boss (again) being a life saver and emerging with a VW racing R32 rack :friends:

which is where robs picture comes into play, at the time i didn't have an area to work on the car at home. So rob lovingly offered his parents garage for it, so an £80 trailer later and it was there…or be it looking a bit ****** off!

IMG_1350.jpg
[/URL]

Now with me getting a bit old, the timing isn't quite correct with what happened, the intercooler was actually fitted after this…
But i did drop the sump and fit a new pick-up pipe at the same time as replacing the steering rack, because it hadn't been done for around 15/20k. Few pictures of the changeover…
IMG_1354.jpg
[/URL]

then four more bolts and this happens..
IMG_1357.jpg
[/URL]

Then a new one in and time for the pick-up change..
IMG_1366-1.jpg
[/URL]

I would definitely recommend people to do the sump drop and pick-up change, it was done around 20k ago on this engine, so no nasty bits of metal and nothing clogging the pipe, but its so cheap for the piece of mind!

After this my mind changed to induction..I had previously fitted a silicon tip just after my trip to JBS, but after seeing robs 3" one and getting intake envy i ordered a new one..
IMG_1368.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_1367.jpg
[/URL]

Coupled with this..
IMG_0306.jpg
[/URL]

Should help it breath nicely and makes a wicked sound!

Now this is where the modding has kind of stopped to the car at the moment, enjoyed driving it for a few months before buying a second car to use at uni..so a quick whore of photos is obviously in order!
IMG_1498-1.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_1504.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_0639.jpg
[/URL]

cpnvoy2-1.jpg
[/URL]

Now hidden next to a few new friends…
IMG_0365.jpg
[/URL]

Now the fun bit! Since lurking on here i have decided to take the car beyond its current potential, so have ordered a set of rifle drilled rods, whilst i also have gotten my greasy little mits on an AEB head and intake manifold.. So i must thank you all for pushing me down the slippery slope, but you may be in for a few questions yet!

cheers for looking

Reactions: Nilz, S3Hendry, JudderMan and 1 other person
one very quick last update before the wait for parts begins big time! I had my web head turn up :)
IMG_2677.jpg

Very very happy with it! seems in good condition and came with rocker cover, intake, fuel rail, injector and for for £150 delivered. This at least gives me something to tinker with while i wait for my rods to arrive…

However the most fun news for me is that we have a new track car! Its an absolute weapon and shall be given a proper shakedown session at bedford autodrome on the 14th of April if anyone is around?! :yahoo:

Its a Supercharged 2.2ltr Type R engine built by cosworth that been dropped in a race spec Lotus Exige S1 :racer: I have tried to upload a quick video of a third and fourth gear pull, sorry about the video quality, my ability to film went completely out the window…
th_IMG_2973.jpg

Tom

sorry just realised the video didn't show up…

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: s3 Hoggy, TOTE and Audimaatti
That lotus looks mental defo want a passenger ride in that somewhen my friend.

Keep up the good work buying those bits! and hurry up and finish those exams so the build can get underway proper :)

When I bring it down I will be sure to take you out in it bud! ****** exams finish in 2 weeks and then things can really start :)

Yup hurry up with those exams but make sure you do ok too mate :)

Only a very small update, but parts are starting to arrive :arco: so we have these now
IMG_3302.jpg

I also wanted to take a minute to sing the praises of Bill, Tufty and Matt at Badger 5. I know it is covered a lot, but i went up with rob (vrbob) last week to see them with his car and they really are a lovely bunch of people, whom i could not praise more for their work!!

I also managed to get out to brands hatch last week to give the new track demon a thrash, few pictures here for those interested and a video to come soon :)
IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

Cheers for looking
Tom

Reactions: kwistof
and a quick video of the leg stretch pre track with the mrs filming…

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving the updates mate, looking forward to the progress :)

I also managed to get out to brands hatch last week to give the new track demon a thrash, few pictures here for those interested and a video to come soon :)

Wow- brands hatch had some slow folk on the track that day - nutters going the wrong way as well :p hahaha

Love the video - I want to see that beast of a Lotus in action at some point this summer :racer:

I thought my cabin was a bit loud since the solid engine mounts and SMF had been fitted but that's real race car sounds right there :)

Look foward to more updates.... pre-facelift APY FTW :arco: