Another road tax refund question

joinerman

Reaction score
My boy sold his car yesterday, he has retained the disc which is valid for a few more months, now we have new laws how does he claim it back as the old V14 form is now archived

Forget that, it seems you simply return the disc if you have one with the V5 & they automatically refund you.

You don't even need to return the disc, it's just a piece of paper now! Just send off the V5C doc, and they will issue a tax refund based on the date he sold his car.

They will issue the refund from the next full month, so if he sold yesterday the rebate will be from 1st December onwards

Just send everything recorded delivery. And if you ever have the misfortune to have to ring them get names and what team they are in.

Look luck

I had to ring them and I've been told although I taxed the car for 4 hours prior to it changing owners i have to write to them to claim the reminding 5months tax despite being sent a a letter saying "they have updated their records and will be sending me my refund" I received the letter over 8 weeks ago.
What a rip off that me and the new owner have to buy 2 months tax for the same month and then stone walling me for the refund, I wonder how many people won't bother writing a letter to claim a month may be two, just feels like another way to rip off the working man lol