Another RNS-E question...

Yagy

Reaction score
Hi all,

My apologies if this has been answered already, but I have just ordered a 2009 RNS-E unit to replace my concert unit and am on the hunt for a 6 cd glove box changer, but do you know if the RNS-E requires a specific cd changer or can I just pick up any glove box changer from ebay (model type 8E0 057 111)?

Also, how much can I expect to be charged by an installer to fit the rns-e, aerial and cd changer (and presumably progam with VAG-COM)?

Hi,

Any Audi CD changer should work with the RNS-E, although why do you really want one when you have mp3 slots on the RNS-E available. Where abouts are you ref for installation ?

Hi,

I take your point regarding the mp3 slots, but I figured for an extra £100 its good to have and seeing as the head unit was being upgraded it would be good to do both together.

I am based down in Surrey, am looking at getting the rns-e fitted in the next week or so if possible.

Just a follow up on my post as there seems to be a lack of fitters in the South East. I got the rns-e unit fitted by oem retrofits today, they come to London once a month and I am loving the rns-e!

the mp3 option via sd cards is rubbish! u can only see and hear a track by mp3 in your rns-e as long as the mp3's track name is under 64 letters in length! anymore and it simply doesnt show up so u have to edit all the tracks that exceed 64... how ***** is that for a mordern unit!

how ***** is that for a mordern unit!
Remember it's NOT a modern unit, the RNS-E was launched in 2004 and the design was probably frozen at least a year before that - so it's an 8 year old design.

Dave, does the 2010 version improve the mp3 names and the folder/file number limit?

Dave, does the 2010 version improve the mp3 names and the folder/file number limit?
mp3 names - no.

file limit - yes (I think the limit is 4000 files per card), and it uses SDHC cards (I'm running 2 32GB SDHC cards).