ANOTHER replacement engine?

Quattro colin

Reaction score
So clutch went on car 3 weeks ago so me and my tool box off and set about sorting. We realised that the crank shagt seal was weaping so we changed this aswell. Ran for 2 days and it cut out on me. So we went over ever thing and took box off again and what we found was the small dust cover had come inside the box and ruined the new crankshaft seal. So we changed it again and low and behold car will not start . So I have done some research and found out that you need to buy a crankshaft seal tool. So me thinking everything being sweet have sprayed some easy start and it sounded rough switched of and now all sorts running around my head like if the timing is out due to me not using this crankshaft tool is my engine gonna be xxxxxx? Ordered this tool now and goona fix it but still really worried that I'm gonna take box off and time crank up n car is gonna be xxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd doubt this can do any damage as the timing is on the otherside of the engine so no engine damage.
It's more likely the pickup for the timing sensor that needs aligned which would cause starting problems.
Easy start wasn't the best thing to try as it can ruin engines if not used carefully.
If you've ordered the tool I'd hope once alls aligned the car will run as it did before.

Tool will here tomorrow so will update you but the tool has cost me 180 from ebay so going to keep for other users to rent it as it one of those tools u use once and then don't use it again hope this helps

:audibash::audibash:Defo mate and I advise anyone on here changing the Bkd crankshaft seal not unless they have fully researched the implications