Another Rear Number Plate Light Thread!!!

COSTA_P

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I Know This Has Been Covered A Thousand Times Before, But I'm Just Having No Luck Whatsoever!!!

So I Made The Cardinal Sin Of Trying An LED Bulb & That Seems To Have Caused An Issue To Begin With ( Surprise Surprise)

So I've Taken That Out Replace With New Standard Ones, Twice, & Still No Joy.

Last Night I Was Fixing The Rear Wiper Motor So I Decided To Do Some Investigation On The Lights. What I've Found Is;

Connections All Look Fine, No Corrosion Etc
Blubs Are New
Multimeter Is Saying There is Power To The Connections Where The Holders Touch
I've Had The System Reset Via VCDS From A Mate At Work
I've Tested With Cables To The Bulbs No Joy

I'm Lost Now With What To Do

Any Help Much Appreciated

Thanks

Difficult to offer advice on the forum. As you tried everything and they still don't work, been there myself after getting tied up in knots. You need a friend who can read a meter and start again.

Reactions: COSTA_P
Hi - i had the same problem and resigned myself to doom....fortunately found a fix:
On my 2005 3.2Q I had the 'bulb out' error on the DIS
I found that by removing the LED bulbs, replacing with the traditional, existing bulbs several times the fault cleared itself. I did this by cycling the ignition after each 'removal and replacement' - probably went through 6 cycles of this
Worked for me, wishing you similar success,
Brad

I had some issues with the genuine audi ones on my pre-facelift s3, turned out to be the 2 prongs/metal connectors on the back of the led lights were not making enough contact once installed. I gently bent the prongs/connectors out more to make contact once screwed in. Simple but solved my issue.

Reactions: COSTA_P and Bugeye_bob
I've also got the boot open error up on my dash now, so after sitting in the boot with the trim off whilst my mate used the rear wiper & washer its clear to see the wiper motor where the washer jet junction is is leaking like mad. So I've ordered a new motor a new boot lock & new bulb holder/boot light module thing. See how we get on with that.

I've also got the boot open error up on my dash now, so after sitting in the boot with the trim off whilst my mate used the rear wiper & washer its clear to see the wiper motor where the washer jet junction is is leaking like mad. So I've ordered a new motor a new boot lock & new bulb holder/boot light module thing. See how we get on with that.
It's a common fault, surprised yer alarm wasn't going off randomly as well. Would you believe this problem has been happening on many a VAG models since 1999, had it on my 2002 Golf mk4.

The alarm was going off when the boot issue came up. Im yet to receive my parts yet to fix it.